Job Title: Project Engineer
Location: Sussex, NB or Truro, NS
Founded in 1938, Agropur Dairy Cooperative is a North American dairy industry leader. Their brands provide all ranges of dairy products including milk, cheese, ice cream, and yogurt. With 2,974 dairy farmers who own the cooperative, and the 7,700 employees who work for it, Agropur is committed to one common mission: better dairy and a better world for all. This includes being better for the community, customers, workers, cows, and the environment.
Agropur has partnered with Meridia in search of two Project Engineers to join their talented, dynamic teams to take a leadership role on a variety of capital projects within their Atlantic Canadian manufacturing plants. One Project Engineer will be based with easy access to their plant in Sussex, New Brunswick, and the other in Truro, Nova Scotia.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Project Engineer will be responsible for developing, implementing, and monitoring large-scale investment projects. Depending on which location works best for you, the Truro ice cream plant has a number of large-scale capital projects on the horizon over the short and long term which will have you working in various areas of the plant, and the ingredients plants based in Sussex and Truro have a variety of capital projects that you would be instrumental in leading. As the project leader, you will oversee projects from design and tendering to installation and commissioning, providing support at all stages of the process and working with a strong team across the country.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring the technical and financial aspects for major projects under your responsibility at the Truro Ice Cream site – projects encompass a variety of fields (mechanical, processes, building, services, etc.)
- Designing, studying, and developing investment requests while considering both the technical aspects and the impact of projects on human resources and finances
- Managing calls for tenders and issuing contracts in collaboration with the Strategic Sourcing department
- Planning and coordinating project execution and overseeing the associated work sites
- Leading work teams and managing the technical resources required to carry out the projects
- Working closely with the plant manager and their team to prepare projects and ensure they are well integrated into operations (maintenance, training, performance stabilization, etc.)
- Recommending ways to optimize operations and maintaining a technological watch to generate new projects
- Participating in analyzing and recommending plant selection for new product manufacturing
As an engineer, you have spent time planning and implementing large-scale capital projects, ideally in the food processing or similar manufacturing sectors. You’ve shown an ability to solve problems at a variety of stages through the project management process, are able to communicate effectively to a cross section of stakeholders, and enjoy working in a team environment. Your familiarity with PNIDs and AutoCAD enable you to be hands on when necessary, and your experience managing a wide range of projects will help you to be successful in this role. Highly organized and detail oriented, you are able to manage multiple projects concurrently and are creative and collaborative when generating solutions to problems that arise.
Your qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (industrial, mechanical or automation) or other relevant discipline
- Member in good standing of Engineers Nova Scotia or equivalent
- 5–7 years' experience in engineering and executing large-scale projects in a manufacturing environment; food processing or packaging sector experience would be a plus
- An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered
- Knowledge of dairy processes/food industry is considered a major asset
- Excellent command of spoken and written English is required, knowledge of French is considered an asset
- Ability to lead multidisciplinary work teams towards a common goal
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and AutoCAD
Agropur is a part of a stable and growing industry that will give you the opportunity to leverage your experience to take a leadership role tackling interesting and challenging projects that will have a significant impact on the business. By joining the Agropur team, you will be supported in your own professional development in an environment that recognizes contributions and creates a product that Canadians love.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Katherine Risley, Managing Partner, at 902-424-1120 and firstname.lastname@example.org or Emma Roberts, Recruitment Specialist at 902-424-1104 and email@example.com, or please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Katherine or Emma know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email