NL Marine Services Inc.
St. John’s and Placentia Bay, NL
NL Marine Services Inc. is a Newfoundland and Labrador owned and operated vessel support and service company dedicated to the continued growth of the province’s aquaculture, oil and gas and vessel service industries. Their fleet of five vessels range from specialized aquaculture vessels to cargo and tugs to offshore service and supply vessels.
A dynamic and growing family company, NL Marine Services Inc., is currently recruiting a Technical Manager to support their operations based in St. John’s and Placentia Bay, Newfoundland and Labrador. Managing all technical aspects of the fleet of vessels, the Technical Manager will work closely with the Operations Manager and other support staff to ensure safe and efficient operations.
The Technical Manager will:
• Oversee and manage all technical operations of the fleet.
• Ensure vessels and marine assets are maintained in optimal condition to avoid down time and loss of hire.
• Provide daily technical support to marine crews onboard and assist in troubleshooting and diagnosing technical issues.
• Provide coordination and support to crews as necessary; follow up with service technicians and expedite replacement parts and equipment to ensure timely resolution of technical issues.
• Communicate and ensure company standards and safety culture are understood and effectively implemented onboard company vessels.
• Prepare annual and project budgets and forecasts corresponding to maintenance plans and spare part requirements needed to efficiently run the vessels and equipment.
• Ensure planned maintenance and jobs are being completed in a timely fashion onboard; and coordinate and supervise contractors working on the vessels.
• Regularly review costs against budget to identify variances and implement cost control measures as necessary.
• Manage fleet certification and ensure vessels are technically compliant with TCMS and Classification Society.
• Oversee the procurement of spares, including management of vessel inventory and critical spares.
• Identify warranty items and coordinate repairs and replacements under warranty – assist with claims and follow through on recovery.
• Regularly visit, inspect and audit the vessel to check and control conditions of machinery, structural integrity, safety and navigational equipment, and address any crew inquiries or concerns that may arise.
• Ensure that the ROV and all systems and subsystems are in complete working order and are in compliance with all technical requirements.
• Liaison with regulatory authorities as required.
• Assist with the ongoing development of the International Safety Management code as it pertains to the technical aspects of the code.
• Effective team player with the ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment; and willingness to step in and do hands on work when required.
• Demonstrated leadership experiences either on or offshore.
• Proven experience as a technical resource on marine projects and an understanding of vessel equipment and safety standards.
• Previous involvement in planning and executing refits, dry docks and planned maintenance periods.
• Experience with preventative maintenance software and proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and other computer applications is considered an asset.
• Experience working with Class Societies and standards; and a strong understanding of regulatory inspections from TCMS.
• Strong understanding of engineering drawings and electrical schematics.
An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
NL Marine Services is an equal opportunity employer with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Completed applications can be submitted by selecting the "Apply Now" button below. For more information, contact Jessica Snelgrove (email@example.com) or Natalie Hand at 709.722.6925. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know.
Meridia Recruitment connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment, our job opportunities, and career advice, we invite you to explore our website: www.meridiarecruitment.ca. For information on opportunities with our parent company, Knightsbridge Robertson Surrette, visit www.kbrs.ca.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email