Job Title: Warehouse Manager
Location: Halifax, NS
Founded in 1994, Inflector Environmental Services began as a small family business focused on providing abatement services to the Ottawa community. Since then, Inflector has expanded nationwide with five offices across the country and a growing family of 500 employees, quickly becoming one of Canada’s leading abatement and demolition contractors. Inflector is proud to serve a variety of industries including residential, commercial, institutional, government, industrial and nuclear facilities, with a diverse range of projects. Partnered with Meridia, Inflector is in search of a Warehouse Manager to service their location in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
As the Warehouse Manager, you will ensure equipment and materials are stored, tracked, prepped, and distributed to jobsites appropriately and effectively. You will do so by implementing controls and processes for employees to follow so that items are accurately tracked based on whether they are in storage, at a job site, being repaired or cleaned, etc. You’ll manage a small but mighty team and take care of scheduling, training, and providing direction of various warehouse duties. Additionally, you will manage purchasing frequently used materials, negotiating cost and researching to find the best deals possible.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring compliance with all safety standards
- Utilizing analytics to improve department efficiencies and monitor equipment status
- Leading and directing the warehouse to ensure timely delivery and return of equipment and materials, to and from job sites
- Coordinating warehouse facilities to ensure material handling is conducted in accordance with scheduling
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with external suppliers, which includes negotiating cost and service terms with existing suppliers, as well as finding new sources when appropriate
With some experience in construction or a related industry, you have a good knowledge of the tools, equipment, and materials used in the field, and you have a sense of the inner workings of the industry. You have a demonstrated history of being able to follow through on objectives rather than letting them delay for long periods of time. Your organizational skills are top-notch, as is your ability to act as a people leader.
Your qualifications include:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar field and a similar role
- Knowledge of construction/demolition tools, equipment, materials, and processes would be an asset
- Strong mechanical aptitude is preferred
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage large volumes of supplies
- Great communication, interpersonal, and people leadership skills
- Ability to manage relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
This is a great opportunity to join a team of ambitious and passionate people, where employee safety is a top priority. You would be entering a brand-new building and warehouse, where you can create noticeable changes that will be welcomed by an engaged management team. Development is highly valued at Inflector, and investments are made in both people and equipment wherever there is a solid opportunity for it. The industry is booming, and Inflector enjoys year-round business and plenty of growth opportunities along with it.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Katherine Risley, Partner, at 902-424-1120 and email@example.com or Abbey MacLeod, Recruitment Specialist at 902-425-2265 and firstname.lastname@example.org, or please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Katherine or Abbey know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email