Legal Administrative Assistant - Trademarks
Legal Administrative Assistant, Intellectual Property (Trademarks)
Our client, a global law firm with offices across Canada, the U.K., Europe, the Middle East, and Asia is currently seeking an experienced Legal Administrative Assistant to join the Intellectual Property (Trademarks) group, in their Ottawa office.
- Organize and expedite the flow of work through the professional's practice, initiating any follow-up action as appropriate
- Proficiency operating in an electronic and paperless environment
- Accurately prepare legal documents and correspondence with minimal direction
- Transcribe and type legal documents and correspondence
- Liaise between the legal professionals and various internal and external individuals, groups and clients at all levels
- Work proactively in the day-to-day support of the professional's practice
- Work effectively as part of an Intellectual Property team
- Use initiative and good judgement to relieve the professionals of administrative detail
- Administrative Assistant or Legal Administrative Assistant Diploma
- At least 3+ years’ experience as a Legal Administrative Assistant, ideally within Trademark Law
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work in a team environment with a professional demeanor.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task within a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Thorough, conscientious and strong proofreading skills
- Ability to independently learn and use electronic tools, systems and applications
Employment Equity Statement
Our client is proud to offer equal employment opportunities.
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information, please contact Devyn Kelly, Recruitment Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Devyn know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email