St. John's NL
Rutter Inc. is a privately held global enterprise, delivering innovative radar technologies that enhance safety, security and efficiency in multiple sectors, including marine operations, oil and gas, and defence. Serving an established and growing global customer base, the sigma S6 advanced real-time radar processing technologies offers a broad range of exciting capabilities for ocean related operations.
Rutter is seeking a forward-thinking and innovative Software Developer to join Rutter’s R&D team, in producing innovative new products and capabilities based on Rutter’s sigma S6 radar processing technology. These positions require individuals with enthusiasm and strong technical aptitude who can rise to the challenges of real-time software development, bringing complex scientifically developed radar data interpretation techniques to operational users on vessels and land-based stations in a broad range of industry sectors. If you are interested in working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with ample opportunity to learn, and you want to be able to actively contribute to team goals, and hence build a new and exciting career, this position may be for you. Successful candidates are likely to have achieved a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer/Software Engineering or equivalents.
In this position, you would be expected to:
- Strongly contribute to software development including analysis, design, implementation and delivery;
- Share your valuable ideas in system requirements and design in group meetings and discussions;
- Commit to the team goals, especially as they relate to system design and software quality;
- Adopt a strong disciplined, methodical approach to system development avoiding expedient short-cuts;
- Work effectively and respectfully with all team members, providing help to others whenever needed;
- Focus appropriately on customer and organizational needs during all stages of system development;
- Fully participate in daily stand-up and other project meetings;
- Constantly look to strengthen the team’s processes, through suggestions for improved methods and automation;
- Appreciate the roles of others in the organization, providing updates to stakeholders when needed.
- 3+ years of experience in real-time application development using C# on a multi-threaded Windows® platform;
Highly desirable would be solid skills in:
- C++, gRPC, XAML, WPF, Docker, DevOps and Visual Studio
- network application development;
- modern web development technologies and practices using ASP.NET and Azure/AWS Cloud services;
- software development techniques using agile methods and Test-Driven Development (TDD) for system development;
- safely maintaining and enhancing legacy software systems;
- communication of technical concepts and ideas to technical and non-technical colleagues and clients;
- problem solving and debugging;
- learning and applying new technologies;
- automated testing
- Signal and Image processing , and machine learning
- GIS data management
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information contact Jessie MacDonald, Recruitment Specialist at 902-424-1129. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Jessie know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email