Job Title: Structural Engineer
Location: Sussex, NB
The Shaw Group Ltd has a 160-year history in Atlantic Canada that has been committed to making a positive contribution to the communities and regions in which they operate including being recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Private Companies for 20 consecutive years. As one of Atlantic Canada’s largest builders and community developers, with a growing real estate portfolio that supports many of their manufacturing divisions they have the runway which enables them to up their game and become world class in all of their operations.
The Prestige Homes story began in 1973 at their manufacturing facility located in Sussex, NB, where they still operate from today with over 150 employees. As part of the Shaw Group, Prestige Homes goes beyond just building a house. They like to think of their homes as precision-engineered. Their design and construction processes are unparalleled, ensuring each home exceeds building codes, often surpassing what the average home builder might do. With business booming, Prestige Homes is looking to add a Structural Engineer to their team in Sussex, NB.
As the Structural Engineer, you will be part of a growing and dynamic team that is responsible for designing and organizing the necessary information to bring a customer’s home to life. You will work in collaboration with a team of industry leaders on projects related to design and construction of residential homes. You will have the opportunity to apply innovative concepts to residential designs while working closely with the Design & Quality team to create and maintain product records and ensure products meet applicable codes and standards.
Your responsibilities could include:
- Oversee, review, and stamp structural designs of all home projects
- Prepare beam, header, engineered wood products, foundation, and load calculations
- Review floor and roof truss designs
- Specify and prepare connection details where required
- Provide engineering for onsite projects (factory modifications, new equipment, etc.)
- Provide code analysis for special projects
- Research & develop new opportunities to improve product & processes
As a civil/structural engineer with a professional engineering designation, you have a great wealth of knowledge of the residential or commercial construction industry. You have demonstrated abilities with CAD systems, such as AutoCAD, Revit, and other BIM Software, and are able to conceptualize ideas and put them into effective designs that bring a client’s vision to life.
Your qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering, coupled with a P.Eng designation
- 5+ years’ experience in the construction industry, with experience in modular/factory building being an asset
- Skills in AutoCAD, Revit, Mitek, Wood Works or other design and engineering software applications
- Knowledge of building codes related to residential and commercial building design
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong time-management, planning, and organizational skills
- Desire to work in a team environment and ability to work with minimal supervision
Prestige Homes doesn’t just build homes, they build communities. You will be able to contribute to the design process, then witness the production of homes based on your designs before they are shipped and assembled at sites across Atlantic Canada and the US. As part of this stable and growing industry, you will have the opportunity to leverage your experience to have significant impact on The Shaw Group’s ability to achieve their real estate strategy to be the largest and best builder in the region. You will be supported in your own professional development in an environment that recognizes employee/team contributions and be part of an organization that takes pleasure in the knowledge that thousands of families in Atlantic Canada and beyond have trusted them with the construction of their new home.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Katherine Risley, Partner, at 902-424-1120 and email@example.com or Abbey MacLeod, Recruitment Specialist at 902-425-2265 and firstname.lastname@example.org, or please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Katherine or Abbey know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email