Reference # HL-16067
GFL Environmental is the only major diversified environmental services company in North America offering services in solid waste management, liquid waste management, and infrastructure development. With strategically located operations across Canada and the United States, GFL is uniquely equipped to undertake practically any environmental challenge, with unparalleled commitment to safety and customer service. Recognized by their signature fleet of bright green trucks and equipment, they believe that, by providing safe, accessible and cost-effective solutions, they encourage greater environmental responsibility and allow their customers and the communities they serve to be Green For Life.
We are pleased to partner with GFL Environmental in search of a Financial Analyst to join their team in Halifax. Reporting to the Director, Finance, the Financial Analyst is the main point of contact for finance and operational partners. Joining post-acquisition, this Financial Analyst will have the opportunity to support change management efforts and system migrations, working as a hands-on business partner and consultant to operations teams on sites. This role provides accounting and analytical support to the business and ensures the accurate and timely presentation of financial information.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist in performing month-end variance analysis with deep dives
- Pull invoices from the system to reconcile expenses
- Drill into invoice line items to understand billed and accrued revenue
- Quantify the impact of changes to the business or performance
- Work with branch manager to write variance analysis commentary
- Create monthly Sales-By-Customer and Sales Rep reports
- Reconcile inventory count sheets and converting into upload format for update
- Journal entry creation for cost allocations and to recognize accrued revenue/expenses
- Manage month-end calendar to ensure timelines are met
- Help diagnose system and process issues and suggest/implement processes to help address
- Learn and help train others on various software solutions such as Adaptive, Business Objects, etc.
- Ad-hoc reporting as necessary
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor
The ideal candidate will possess:
- College Diploma or University Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field of study
- 3-5+ years of relevant work experience in similar Accounting or Finance role
- Must have excellent Excel skills; intermediate to advanced level
- Familiarity with SAP or any other major ERP
- Familiarity with Adaptive, SAP Business Analyzer/Business Objects would be an asset
- Prior experience with Great Plains considered an asset
- Prior experience in audit would be an asset
- Occasional travel required - valid Driver's License and ability to travel to different site locations
If you are an accounting professional looking to join an organization committed to customer service, reliability and efficiency, we want to hear from you! Connect with us for more information or apply now.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Jason Ozon, Consultant, at email@example.com. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Jason Ozon know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email