Executive Assistant (part-time)
We are working on an amazing and rare opportunity that does not come along often. We are looking for a professional with exceptional executive administrative skills who has been looking to shorten their work week while continuing to use their administrative talent and expertise in a premiere organization. We are honoured to be partnered with our client, Great Eastern Corporation Limited, an investment organization in Atlantic Canada that has been known for decades for its remarkable contributions to shaping our region and being a champion of community in philanthropic endeavours in arts, health, and education. This is an opportunity to support the CEO of one of our region’s most well-established corporations.
The Executive Assistant (EA) in this role will be a consummate professional who is experienced in supporting C-suite executives, enjoys and thrives in working independently and autonomously and who excels in organization, problem-solving and decision making. The EA will be a key point of contact for the office and will have professional communication and correspondence skills and experience working with a variety of senior level stakeholders. If you understand and value the importance of urgency, discretion and have demonstrated these skills in your previous positions, this is an amazing opportunity for you.
Discretion is a must. We are looking for someone familiar with working on their own; a good command of language and grammar; ability to problem solve for a small office. There will be a variety of tasks and responsibilities and key elements of this role will include
- Greet visitors; arrange appointments;
- Liaise with rental office;
- Banking as necessary;
- Ensure invoices and other charges are paid in a timely fashion; Order and/or source supplies as necessary.
- Knowledge of Excel is necessary;
- Maintain daily journals of office expenses and other accounts; Transfer journal information to paper ledgers;
- Prepare monthly trial balance for company;
- Prepare company portfolio monthly.
- Support to executive as necessary; includes but not limited to: Preparation of business letters;
- Maintain a filing system;
- Company research
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Several years’ experience in executive assistance, office administration or related field
- Exceptional attention to detail with strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to correspond professional with an array of stakeholders
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (specifically Word and Excel)
- Knowledge of investments and stock market an asset
- Knowledge of non-profit organizations an asset
- Post-secondary education or training in office administration will be considered an asset
This is not an opportunity to be missed. If you are looking for a part-time, sought-after administrative role with an organization synonymous with both business success and philanthropy, this is it. Reach out to us for more details or apply now!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant, at email@example.com. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Sara Morey know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email