Logistics & Warehouse Manager
Job Title: Logistics & Warehouse Manager
Location: Amherst, NS
Emmerson Packaging is a third-generation family-owned company that has over 450 employees and more than 300,000 square feet of facilities in Amherst, Nova Scotia, and Belleville, Ontario. For over 60 years, they have been an industry leader in flexible packaging solutions, and they love what they do. Emmerson prides themselves on meeting and exceeding the highest quality standards in everything they do. This passion and pride has won them the distinction of being named one of Canada’s Best Managed companies for 11 years running. On behalf of Emmerson Packaging, Meridia is in search of a Logistics & Warehouse Manager to join their team in Amherst, NS.
As the Logistics & Warehouse Manager, you will lead the activities of the logistics and warehouse departments to ensure finished goods are transported to the proper destination in a cost-efficient, timely, and efficient manner. This will include managing, motivating, and supporting a team to ensure they are bringing the best service possible to Emmerson’s clients. In addition you and your team will work closely with the manufacturing division to understand their needs and provide a top level of service.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring compliance with all safety standards
- Business Process Owner (BPO) for the department-specific SAP module
- Developing analytics to improve department efficiencies and monitor internal workload
- Leading and directing the Logistics and Shipping areas to ensure timely delivery of raw materials and finished goods to internal and external customers
- Coordinating warehouse facilities to ensure an integrated warehouse and scheduling strategies while minimizing inventory cost
- Ensuring high-quality movement of finished goods from production facilities to the customer
- Reviewing and approving cost control reports, cost estimates, and plant requirement forecasts
- Establishing and maintaining appropriate commercial relationships with carriers; identifies the best suppliers for price, quality, and delivery
- Negotiating service and savings agreements with carriers
With experience in managing warehousing, logistics, and/or supply chain management departments, you have a wealth of knowledge in the field and have acted as a resource for your team members. You have a demonstrated history of being able to generate and drive change in an organization, as well as success leading continuous improvement initiatives. You are able to effectively communicate across departments and can act assertively when required. Additionally, you think outside the box, allowing you to be flexible and versatile when it comes to problem solving and decision making, and coupling this with the ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
Your qualifications include:
- Business degree with a specialization in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or a related field
- Professional APICA or PMAC certification is considered an asset
- Five (5) years’ management experience in warehousing and logistics
- Proven strong technical knowledge of supply chain management
- Superior analytical skills
- Proven strong negotiation skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy
- Able to use team-oriented problem-solving and team-building techniques
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone that likes to drive change in an organization that embraces innovation and continuous improvement. With a great level of organizational flexibility, you will be able to undertake projects and make an impact almost immediately. The team at Emmerson is extremely kind and welcoming, and they value the diversity that is present in their workforce. The facility features a cafeteria and gym, and is located in the beautiful town of Amherst, with an easy commute to all the amenities of Moncton.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Katherine Risley, Partner, at 902-424-1120 and firstname.lastname@example.org or Abbey MacLeod, Recruitment Specialist at 902-425-2265 and email@example.com, or please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Katherine or Abbey know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email