Job Title: Home Designer
Location: Sussex, NB
The Shaw Group Ltd has a 160-year history in Atlantic Canada that has been committed to making a positive contribution to the communities and regions in which they operate including being recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Private Companies for 20 consecutive years. As one of Atlantic Canada’s largest builders and community developers, with a growing real estate portfolio that supports many of their manufacturing divisions they have the runway which enables them to up their game and become world class in all of their operations.
The Prestige Homes story began in 1973 at their manufacturing facility located in Sussex, NB, where they still operate from today with over 150 employees. As part of the Shaw Group, Prestige Homes goes beyond just building a house. They like to think of their homes as precision-engineered. Their design and construction processes are unparalleled, ensuring each home exceeds building codes, often surpassing what the average home builder might do. With business booming, Prestige Homes is looking to add a Home Designer to their team in Sussex, NB.
As part of a growing and dynamic team, you will provide designs accurate to the client’s requests using AutoCAD and Revit. Coordination with other designers and departments will be necessary to generate accurate and complete designs for the production facility. You will participate in take offs and create specifications and quotes according to the client’s requests. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to apply innovative concepts to residential designs while working closely with the Design & Quality team to create and maintain product records and ensure products meet applicable codes and standards.
Your responsibilities could include:
- Working directly with sales team and builders to understand customer’s needs
- Preparing architectural, plumbing, electrical shop drawings, specifications, and other details to fabricate residential and commercial buildings per customers specifications
- Preparing quantity take-offs, cut lists, and hardcopy drawing package for factory construction
- Performing quality checks of drawings & details for codes & standards compliance
- Collaborate & innovate across departments to improve accuracy and efficiency of drawings, details, and other information
- Provide technical assistance to sales, procurement, factory, service, and other departments as required
- Other duties related to sales, design, and engineering as required
Your background includes training and experience in CAD applications, preferably AutoCAD and/or Revit. Exposure to construction, construction management, estimating, or project management would be considered an asset, as well as some understanding of the National Building Code. You are able to conceptualize ideas and put them into effective designs that bring a client’s vision to life. Good communication skills, both verbally and written, will also be very important, as will having strong organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail.
Your qualifications include:
- Formal education in building technology, structural technology, drafting, architecture, civil engineering, or a related field
- Training or equivalent experience in either engineering, architecture, technology, kitchen design, supply chain, procurement, or a relevant field
- Strong computer skills in MS Office suite with experience using Adobe Acrobat, AutoCAD, Revit and/or other graphic and design software
- Experience using Mitek Structure or Alpine Engineering software is considered an asset
- Understanding of residential construction, interior design, and/or product development
- Knowledge of building codes and building components
- Experience with estimating and quantity takeoffs
- Strong attention to detail, communication, planning and organizational skills
- A desire to research new products and latest design trends
- Familiarity with modular construction or design would be an asset
Prestige Homes doesn’t just build homes, they build communities. You will be able to contribute to the design process, then witness the production of homes based on your designs before they are shipped and assembled at sites across Atlantic Canada and the US. As part of this stable and growing industry, you will have the opportunity to leverage your experience to have significant impact on The Shaw Group’s ability to achieve their real estate strategy to be the largest and best builder in the region. You will be supported in your own professional development in an environment that recognizes employee/team contributions and be part of an organization that takes pleasure in the knowledge that thousands of families in Atlantic Canada and beyond have trusted them with the construction of their new home.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Katherine Risley, Partner, at 902-424-1120 and email@example.com or Abbey MacLeod, Recruitment Specialist at 902-425-2265 and firstname.lastname@example.org, or please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Katherine or Abbey know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email