Senior BI Reporting Analyst
Reference # JG-16023
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with Ocean Capital Investments to recruit for their Senior BI Reporting Analyst in Halifax, Nova Scotia or Saint John New Brunswick.
Ocean Capital Holdings Limited is a privately held company located in Saint John, NB with interests across number of business lines, including broadcasting, real estate, construction, industrial distribution and service. Their purpose is to have winning businesses and great people, all contributing to better communities. They unlock the potential of their businesses through imagination and a passion for winning, and celebrate the uniqueness in each person. Their focus is on excellence and accomplishments.
This position is a new role as part of their Business Intelligence Team. This position reports to the Manager of Information and Data Analytics and will be instrumental to building and enhancing Ocean Capital’s BI Practice.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Soliciting and documenting user reporting requirements in a report specification as part of a project or ongoing operations;
- Developing reports from report specifications in OBIEE and Microsoft Power BI (or similar) reporting tool;
- Testing of reports with the end users and logging of report defects;
- Analyzing report defects and developing and implementing report code fixes including appropriate change management of report specs;
- Analyzing Azure system defects and developing and implementing code fixes including appropriate change management of system specs;
- Design and development of Azure data pipelines (ETL/ELT);
- Design and development of Azure Synapse Data Models;
- Design and development of Azure Data Lakes;
- Analyzing enhancement requests and working with the end user to develop/modify ETL/Data Models/ Data Lakes/reports to meet user requirements;
- Azure BI Platform management and reporting;
- Documentation of relevant reporting business processes
- 5+ years in report troubleshooting and problem resolution for Oracle HCM Cloud OTBI or Microsoft Power BI
- 3+ years with Azure data pipelines, Synapse Data Models and Data Lakes
- Demonstrated proficiency in creating SQL and/or Python queries
- Demonstrated proficiency in creating Microsoft Power BI power queries and reports from enterprise application data source(s)
- Advanced analytical and quantitative skills and advanced MS Excel skills.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all levels within the organization as evidenced by success in working collaboratively with others to effectively coordinate activities to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent written communication skills to create effective technical documentation and/or user training materials as required.
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information contact Jamie Grant, Partner at 902-420-1809 or Brooke Ireland, Senior Consultant at 902-421-1214. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Brooke know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email