Reference # JG-15541
Meridia Recruitment Solutions is looking for a Software Developer to join our clients growing team in St. John’s, Newfoundland. We are open to considering candidates for the Dartmouth, NS office.
Reporting to the Software Development Manager, the Software Developer will participate in all aspects of software development including design, implementation, code review, documentation, and testing. Successful candidates will develop software to run in a real-time environment and work with various teams to ensure timely development and delivery of products.
The successful candidate will work within their close-knit team on cutting edge, disruptive technology.
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience with object-oriented software development, including C++ on both Windows and Linux
- Excellent design standards as well as strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- A good understanding of software engineering fundamentals such as testing, continuous integration, data structures, and agile development best practices
- Interest in testing underwater robots in the field
- Any of the following would be considered an asset:
- Masters in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience in computer vision and/or image processing frameworks
- Experience in control systems and/or robotic simulation (e.g. Gazebo)
- Experience with OpenCV, gRPC, Git, Python
- Working with open source communities
- Experience with data communications protocols and networking
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information contact Brooke Ireland, Consultant at 902-421-1214. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Brooke know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email