Corporate Reporting Analyst
Corporate Reporting Analyst
Reference # HL-15536
Our client, Atlantic Corporation Limited (ACL) is seeking a Corporate Reporting Analyst based in Halifax. As part of the Shannon Group of Companies, the ACL office provides support and governance to a growing group of privately held and diversified businesses, including transportation, health care, information technology, real estate, and construction. Brands including Seaboard Transport and Shannex speak to their quality and values.
The Corporate Reporting Analyst supports a small group of Finance professionals within the ACL office and performs a wide range of activities within this role. Reporting to the Senior Director, Finance & Accounting primary responsibilities include the following:
- Accounting & reporting for investment and holding companies
- Consolidated accounting & reporting for entire group
- Financial statement review and analysis
- Participate in the annual external audit processes across a broad group of companies
- Financial analysis across a wide variety of businesses and industries
- Various finance, accounting and analysis related projects
- Assist with the internal audit program
- Technical accounting/reporting policy research and development
- Assist with corporate tax compliance filings, reconciliations and analysis
- Financial due diligence associated with business acquisitions
- Assist with the corporate treasury program including compliance reporting, cash flow analysis and monitoring
- Financial systems administration and security
As the ideal candidate, you have an ability to work with a wide variety of internal and external parties, while also possessing strong attention to detail and financial acumen to be successful in the role. Multiple priority management is something you understand and work well with. You are looking for a new challenge and interested in taking on an increasing level of responsibility as you continue to grow along with the Group’s growth.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Newly designated CPA, preferably with some industry experience
- Possess good business acumen, analytically skilled and highly adaptive in nature
- Extensive experience with preparing and reviewing financial statements
- Operational accounting experience
- Familiarity with corporate tax returns
- Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Dynamics GP (Great Plains) accounting system would be an asset
- Confidentiality is integral to role
- Ability to multi-task in a fluid business environment
- Independent worker with good initiative
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and communication skills
If you are a team player, looking for a tremendous business growth experience and an opportunity to work with a small team of like-minded professionals, as the corporate arm of a large and growing group of privately held companies, this position may be for you. Busy, broad, and ever changing would describe our client’s environment and the structure is such that there is a very wide scope of responsibilities to the role and within the corporate office, creating cross dependencies and knowledge within the team.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Jason Ozon, Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Jason Ozon know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email