Senior Commercial/Corporate Law Clerk
Senior Commercial / Corporate Law Clerk
Reference # AC -15512
Our Client is a dynamic, downtown Ottawa law firm. They pride themselves on having a collaborative, collegial, creative team, and simply love the law. They serve a wide variety of clients, from individuals to international corporations. They are looking to expand their team! They would like to hire a Senior Law Clerk specialized in Commercial / Corporate transactions to join their firm. This position is a permanent full time remote position. This position is open to anyone in Canada with the appropriate qualifications familiar with medium/large corporate transactions in Ontario.
If you are looking for a great work environment, an opportunity to produce first-rate legal work, and are enthusiastic about working on interesting legal files, then they would like to hear from you.
- Corporate / Commercial Law Specialization - large to medium size corporate transactions, mergers and acquisitions, deals (MUST HAVE)
- Document drafting such as Articles of Incorporation/Amendment/Amalgamation, corporate resolutions and registers, purchase agreements, and related documentation (MUST HAVE)
- Experience with professional corporations, and not-for-profit organizations would be a strong asset
- Minute book maintenance and updating (example, extra provincial registrations, business name registrations, change of officer / director / head office) to the extent possible in a remote setting
- Handle all administrative duties such as email and calendars, coordinating meetings, filing registrations at the ministry, processing incoming and outgoing correspondence and process accounts, corresponding with clients and external professionals, drafting legal documents / agreements
- Initiating the organization of, and manage client files or parts of files – this will including managing the document management system
- Other duties as required
- Minimum 15 years of work experience as a Law Clerk or Paralegal in the specialized area of Corporate law working on transactional work
- Completion of a law clerk program or diploma
- Very strong technical skills using: Microsoft Office, Document Management software, PC Law and/or Ghost Practice, docketing, billing time
- Working knowledge of Fast Company
- Ability to work closely, and in collaboration with lawyers, other clerks, and staff
- Able to work and reason independently on client files, notably in a remote environment
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact directly and diplomatically with counsel and other legal professionals outside of the firm, as well as with our clients
- Providing service to several people or departments, working under many simultaneous deadlines
- Superior organization and attention to detail to effectively manage accurate files
COVID-19 considerations: Our client is following Covid-19 protocols. Effective November 1, 2021 all employees are required to be full vaccinated. While this position is remote, we would still expect the employee to follow Covid protocols set by Ontario Health.
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information, please contact Adam Creaghan, Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 647-336-1416 or Fay Hage, Senior Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com or 647-480-1709. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Fay Hage know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice, we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email