Human Resources Manager
Human Resources Manager
Saint John, NB
AM - 15422
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with NTI Boilers to recruit a Human Resources Manager to join their team located in the stunning Drury Cove in Saint John, New Brunswick.
Founded in 1967, NTI Boilers Inc. is an industry leader in the manufacturing and distribution of central heating systems, having developed a reputation for being committed to providing smart climate solutions and strong customer support. Through state-of-the-art research and product development as well as listening to customer feedback to guide their innovation, NTI has pioneered some of the most advanced hydronic products in the industry. Now, as part of the Ariston Group of Companies they have the backing and support of a global leader in the home comfort business with 70 operating companies and more than 20 production sites in over 40 countries.
Reporting to the President and with a dotted line to the Americas Region HR Director, the Human Resources Manager will lead day-to-day and strategic HR functions for the Canadian operations, including the head office and manufacturing facility in Saint John, NB as well as a second production site in Sussex, NB. The HR Manager will be responsible for all activities related but not limited to recruitment and retention, training and development, labour relations, and performance management. More importantly, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make important decisions at the local level while also having the ability to play a key role in global HR programs and initiatives.
By joining NTI, you’ll be part of a proud local organization with access to knowledge, resources and opportunities not normally found in New Brunswick. As the Human Resources Manager, you will have the ability to work with individuals across the organization, from staff on the shop floor to the President, as well as the opportunity to make an impact in the long-term success of an organization. NTI offers opportunities for growth, a competitive compensation and benefits package including flexible work options, and an environment that promotes personal and professional development.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Build and implement organizational performance management program in accordance with Ariston Group guidelines;
- Managing the full-cycle recruitment process, including forecasting staffing needs based on seasonal changes on staffing requirements, working with outside agencies as required;
- Providing guidance to department managers and supervisors on conflict resolution, performance management, and succession planning;
- Leading organizational development programs and training initiatives, facilitating training on workplace policies;
- Maintaining positive employee relations, advising management on personnel decisions, providing guidance and acting as a strategic partner;
- Managing the Employee Engagement program, developing and implementing strategies for improvement or changes to benefit the staff and organization;
- Oversee the Compensation and Benefits program;
- Actively participating in Collective Bargaining Negotiations as required;
- Offering strategic Human Resources support as it relates to the planning, development and implementation of HR programs, ensuring HR strategies align with corporate objectives;
- Ensuring company policies are well designed to achieve business goals, optimize employee commitment and individual development, and comply with all relevant regulations;
- Participating on the Joint Occupational Health and Safety committee and taking a lead role on health and safety initiatives to help maintain the strong safety record of the company;
As the ideal candidate, you are an experienced Human Resources professional with exposure to working in a unionized environment. You thrive on building strong relationships, whether it’s on the shop floor or in the board room, and you’re passionate about aligning resources and teams to achieve business goals. You also have the ability and desire to be hands on in day-to-day HR operations while having the aptitude and appetite for more strategic HR work.
- Post-secondary education with an emphasis in Human Resource Management;
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in a Human Resources role, with demonstrated expertise in a broad range of HR functions;
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment would be considered an asset;
- Previous experience working in a unionized environment would be a definite asset;
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills, with the ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proven ability coaching managers on how to reduce and mediate conflict;
- Strong foundation in HR best practices;
- CHRP designation is considered an asset.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Austin McLennan, Senior Consultant, at 902-424-1103 and email@example.com or Rebecca Barr, Recruitment Specialist at 902-424-1102 and firstname.lastname@example.org, or please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Austin or Rick know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email