Job Title: Structural Engineer
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Our client, the Stevens Group of Companies, is a privately held, third generation family business with its head office located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. The group of companies includes a construction company (B.D. Stevens Ltd.), concrete plants, a rock quarry, a nursing homes, a commercial door and frame supplier and various commercial real estate properties. They also have a sister company Citadel Contractors and operate as a Tilt-up specialist out of Apex, North Carolina, serving the entire Southeast United States. Locally, the construction group offers a wide range of services and specializes in Design-Build Tilt-Up Construction, project management services and specialized renovation services and are know for their legacy of construction excellence and enduring presence in the Nova Scotia Construction industry.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with B.D. Stevens to recruit a Structural Engineer to join their team in Dartmouth, NS.
In this unique opportunity, you’ll lead and build the Structural engineering team to provide support on a wide variety of construction projects including office buildings, non-for-profit centres, car dealerships, and long-term care facilities. You will be an integral part of the engineering and design team, developing and implementing technical solutions in both the office and the field. You will participate in all project phases, from proposal preparation to construction on a variety of commercial and industrial structures. You will be relied upon to perform analysis and authenticate designs generated by the team. In addition, you will have the opportunity to work collaboratively on innovative design and construction techniques that you’ll see come to life in the manufacturing plant and on site.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with clients to understand their needs
- Assisting in the delivery of construction projects including preliminary design, structural design, detailed design, and construction phase services
- Reviewing and authenticating (stamping) design work generated by design staff
- Collaborating within multidisciplinary internal teams including contracting, real estate, manufacturing and concrete
- Handling direct administrative activities such as document control, quality control, etc.
- Ensuring construction plans comply with all relevant building codes and client standards
- Preparing and delivering project specifications
- Over time you will lead and mentor technical staff
As a professional Structural Engineer (P.Eng), you take pride in the projects you work on and want to work on projects that will come to life in the Atlantic region. As a team player, you’re not afraid to lend a hand and you’ve shown an ability to mentor those you work with. You couple your experience in concrete design with commercial and/or industrial project experience, and you embrace new technology and quickly learn how to incorporate it into your projects.
Your qualifications include:
- A post-secondary degree in civil engineering or similar field
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng) designation with 4+ years of structural experience, mostly dealing with commercial and industrial projects
- Experience with concrete (steel would be an asset)
- Knowledge of current National Building Code and structural engineering codes in Canada
- Proficiency in Revit Structure is considered an asset
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization, and time-management skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability
This is a great opportunity for a professional structural engineer that is looking for more autonomy and project control, as the Stevens Group handles design and contracting entirely in-house. You will be the lead Structural Engineer with B.D. Stevens and will have the opportunity to grow your team. You will be part of an exciting time of growth for the organization and will have access to leading technologies and techniques, some of which are in early phases of introduction in Atlantic Canada.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Katherine Risley, Partner, at 902-424-1120 and email@example.com or Emma Roberts, Recruitment Specialist at 902-424-1104 and firstname.lastname@example.org, or please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Katherine or Emma know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email