Incorporated in 1953, the Stevens Group of Companies is a privately held, third generation family business with its head office located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. The group of companies includes a construction company (B.D. Stevens Ltd.), concrete plants, a rock quarry, nursing homes, a commercial door and frame supplier and various commercial real estate properties. They also have a sister company Citadel Contractors and operate as a Tilt-up specialist out of Apex, North Carolina, serving the entire Southeast United States. Locally, the construction group offers a wide range of services and specializes in Design-Build Tilt-Up Construction, project management services and specialized renovation services and are known for their legacy of construction excellence and enduring presence in the Nova Scotia Construction industry.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with B.D. Stevens to recruit an Architect to join their team in Dartmouth, NS.
As the Architect, you will utilize strong project management skills to take ownership of a wide variety of architectural projects at every stage of completion, from the initial concept phase through to construction. You will meet with your client to understand their particular needs, and you’ll collaborate with a team of professionals to bring their vision to life. You will be mentored by a Senior Architect who is excited to share their knowledge and expertise, and you’ll work on a diverse range of projects from those in the commercial and long-term care sector to the not-for-profit sector.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Communicating with clients to understand project requirements, ensuring further updates on deadlines and project milestones is consistent, timely and professional;
• Leading project meetings to coordinate drawings and resources, ensuring the project design meets the clients budget, schedule, program, and design intent;
• Preparing or supervising the preparation of technical drawings in collaboration with support staff, reviewing specifications and other construction documents for use by contractors and tradespersons to ensure certain quality standards are met;
• Leading project coordination and site meetings with internal team members, monitoring activities on construction sites to ensure compliance with specifications;
• Collaborating with the Structural Engineer to ensure concept design and working drawings meet constructability standards.
This opportunity might be the right fit if you’re an Architect, or Intern Architect, who wants to work on buildings that have real, practical implications for people and businesses in Atlantic Canada. You are a people-person and your ability to relate to the client allows you to fully understand their needs during the consultation process. You’re also interested in the construction phase of projects, and you have a basic knowledge of construction materials and methodologies on a variety of building types.
Your qualifications include:
• Completed post-secondary education in a recognized architectural program;
• 3+ years’ experience in architecture with prior experience taking accountability and ownership of architectural projects;
• Registered Architect or future eligibility as a registered Architect within Nova Scotia;
• Experience working on a variety of project types, including commercial, industrial, retail and mixed-use buildings would be a definite asset;
• Knowledge of National Building Code and Nova Scotia Building Code standards;
• Proficiency with BIM modeling software (Revit);
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with a proven ability to work collaboratively with clients and project teams;
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to meet competing deadlines.
As part of B.D. Stevens, you’ll have the opportunity to work with an organization with a steady pipeline of projects that are contributing to the betterment of your community. You’ll work in an engaging, rewarding atmosphere, with a team that’s always aiming to improve the quality of their product. You’ll work closely with, and have immediate access to, leadership within the company, which will provide you with valuable insight on the business side of architecture. In return for your skillset and expertise you’ll be offered a competitive compensation and benefits package.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Austin McLennan, Senior Consultant, at 902-424-1103 and firstname.lastname@example.org or Rebecca Barr, Recruitment Specialist at 902-424-1102 and email@example.com, or please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Austin or Rick know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email