Senior Systems Administrator
Reference # JG-15388
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with BF&M, a leading insurance provider with operations in Bermuda, Halifax and across the Caribbean, to recruit for their Senior System Administrator in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
BF&M takes great pride in helping their customers protect what matters most, as well as giving back to the communities in which they work. BF&M is comprised of several companies selling health, life, pension, property and casualty insurance products.
The Senior Systems Administrator will be part of a busy infrastructure team which is responsible for the administration, maintenance, and monitoring of the entire network and server infrastructure, as well as for planning and deploying new systems. The candidate will be based in Halifax and may occasionally be required to travel to other offices in Bermuda and the Caribbean. The candidate should have experience working with distributed teams and remote resources
Your responsibilities will include:
- Advanced network knowledge and experience of managing routers, switches, firewalls
- Experience with configuring software and hardware VPNs, including site to site VPN tunnels
- Experience in configuring load balancers, and reverse proxy appliances
- Experience in configuring and supporting on-premise VOIP system
- Experience in configuring cloud-based networking
- Design, install, and manage Linux servers and virtual machines
- Contribute at a senior level to the development of standard build and hardening processes, security standards, and team procedures
- Prioritize, test, and deploy software updates for security and functional issues
- Contribute to system architecture standards
- Capacity planning and monitoring
- Follow and uphold security policies
- Act as a technical resource in support of other business and IT projects as required
- Take part in the team’s out-of-hours on-call schedule as required
- Eight or more years of experience as a Network Administrator in a mixed Windows and Linux/UNIX environment
- Strong conceptual understanding of TCP/IP networking in a typical enterprise environment
- Network and firewall administration, including any of Cisco, Aruba, Peplink, Checkpoint, F5 and HAProxy products.
- Cisco VOIP Systems, including contact center, CUCM, Jabber client.
- Azure Cloud Network services
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- A disciplined approach to work, with high attention to detail and a cautious approach when working on production systems
Qualifications below would be considered an asset:
- SQL Server or other database experience as a developer or administrator
- Experience administering either Hyper-V or VMware
- Storage Administration
- SharePoint administration
- Infrastructure/Network Monitoring
- IT Service Management
- Microsoft SCCM or SCVMM
- HP Data Protector
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information contact Brooke Ireland, Senior Consultant at 902-421-1214. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Brooke know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email