Property Manager, Private Residence
Our client is currently seeking an outstanding individual to fill the full-time position of Property Manager. This position reports directly to the Property Owners and is responsible to provide efficient property management, administration, coordination, leadership, and operational excellence across residential properties (including the HRM, and South Shore), supporting additional remote properties where required. Duties and responsibilities include:
• Establish a list and create a schedule of all required regular property maintenance. Including mechanical equipment, appliances, filters, landscaping, pool, hot tub, and other items as required;
• Oversee property plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems to ensure they are maintained and in proper condition by scheduling regular preventative maintenance of systems; conduct daily checks of property and ensure furniture/fixtures (lightbulbs) are maintained. Regularly report any issues and plans to address to Property Owners;
• Responsible to ensure work is being completed on time and to standard;
• Responsible for all property operations providing leadership, support, and performance feedback to direct reports – including housekeeping staff and others as required;
• Manage communication technology, i.e. iPhone, iPad; all family wireless devices; complete updates; liaise with contractors and office staff when required. Troubleshoot any household technology issues including home theatres, security programing etc;
• Identify and schedule maintenance and seasonal projects, including landscaping, snow removal, outdoor furniture storage/setup;
• Schedule boat launches, and winter storage. Schedule preventative, regular, unexpected, and seasonal vessel maintenance and cleaning where required;
• Maintain and arrange all vehicle service scheduling for tire changes (storage), general maintenance, repairs, and cleaning;
• Coordinate and schedule internal resources, and/or tendering for contractors/vendors to perform preventative, regular and unexpected property maintenance where required;
• Ensure proper occupational health and safety codes are followed;
• Troubleshoot minor maintenance issues that arise and other related duties as required.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Three plus years of experience in Property Management
• Sound judgement
• Ability to perform assigned duties maturely and confidently without supervision
• Very high level of discretion and confidentiality
• Exceptional technological ability
• Exceptional ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and manage timelines appropriately
• Ability to perform with tact and professionalism in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
• Strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
• Strong attention to detail with a high level of quality
• Strong initiative with the ability to anticipate needs’ quickly and effectively
• Flexibility to work outside of strict job description parameters
• Flexibility in the working hours and location, according to the employer’s needs as well as the capacity to work long hours, as needed
• Strong ability to adjust and adapt to changing demands and situations
• Travel is required – must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle transportation
• Performance Based Bonus Eligibility
• Comprehensive Extended, Health & Dental Benefits
• RRSP Plan Eligible – FT Employees over 6 months Health & Wellness Incentive
• Education Reimbursement
This position requires a flexible schedule with weekend and evening requirements; approximately 40 hours per week with afterhours and weekend access a requirement.
Commitment to ED&I: We are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse team, who values your experiences, perspectives, and unique identity. We are committed to creating and maintaining an environment that is inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your application by selecting the 'Apply Now' button below.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email