Law Clerk, Corporate
Law Clerk, Corporate
Reference # - CL 15375
Our client, one of Canada’s fastest-growing law firms is currently seeking a Corporate Law Clerk for their Regina or Saskatoon office.
- Perform a variety of legal and administrative duties in the area of corporate law and assisting with corporate related matters.
- Based on instructions, draft documents relating to incorporations, organizations, share allotments, transfers, corporate changes in directors, officers and shareholders, dividends, dissolutions or revivals as well as for the preparation, distribution and follow-up of annual maintenance corporate documentation in support of federal and provincial legal and corporate compliance requirements.
- Conduct corporate minute book reviews and prepare reports.
- Prepare and update information related to extra-provincial registrations of corporations, business names, partnership registrations, limited partnerships and related renewals in all provinces and territories across Canada as well as updating corporate information at the public records and internal Corporate Services databases.
- Prepare business name and partnership registrations and renewals and other similar documentation, as required.
- Assist with research and interpretation of legal and technical procedures, statutes, and regulations applicable to area of practice.
- Conduct corporate searches and analyzing filings.
- Maintain and review corporate records, securities ledgers and registers, including uploading executed documents to virtual minute books.
- Maintain Extra Provincial Registrations and licenses.
- Liaise with clients, lawyers, students and public officials.
- Complete general corporate work including responding to general inquiries in regard to corporate records and information contained in electronic minute books, etc.
- Complete other maintenance tasks and filings.
- Community College Certificate / Diploma or Degree in a Law Clerk / Paralegal, and / or equivalent
- 1-3 years' experience as a Corporate Paraprofessional, including some exposure to transactions
- Some knowledge of federal and provincial corporate statutes and corporate procedures
- A professional attitude with polished communication skills
- An ability to work independently, take initiative and follow instructions
Employment Equity Statement
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility.
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information, please contact Chamini Loganathan, Consultant at email@example.com or 647 480 1717. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Chamini know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email