Bilingual Regional HR Manager
Bilingual Regional HR Manager
Reference # - CL 15372
Our client, one of Canada’s fastest-growing law firms is currently seeking a Bilingual Regional HR Manager for their Montreal office.
The Regional Manager, Human Resources will deliver leadership and direction of human resources services across our client’s Eastern region offices, based in the Montreal office with oversight of 6 other offices in Ontario. You will be providing support for the development and implementation of integrated and effective Talent programs aligned with the Firm's ongoing needs and best practices.
The Bilingual Regional HR Manager will play a key role in the continued success of talent services in all of the assigned regional offices through strong performance management practices, coaching leaders and counseling employees with the overarching goal of creating a great workplace experience. You will act as the primary day-to-day HR resource in the home office and oversees Human Resources operations of the designated region, interacting regularly with local Human Resources Managers and other Firm members at all levels.
- Responsible for employee relations for all regional Firm members;
- Act as a point of contact in the Montreal office and escalation point of contact for all employee relations and performance management issues in Montreal;
- Interprets policies and makes proper use of their applications with coaching people leaders and counseling employees;
- Develops and maintains strong relationships, building trust and credibility with all Firm members;
- Contributes to the development and implementation of the Human Resources strategy and related plans that support the growth and evolution of the region, delivering the best Human Resources solutions to support the success of the business and improve the employee experience;
- Provides operation support to the Office Managing Partner, Director, Talent Services and other Directors as required;
- Makes recommendations on best practices and analyzes programs and data to identify trends to support management decisions around staff;
- Works closely with Directors in determining staffing requirements for the Shared Services and Paraprofessional groups, as well as compensation and employee development;
- Supports the recruitment process and works in close collaboration with the National Recruitment team;
- Maintains a focus on and commitment to personal development and a strong understanding of human resources best practices;
- Promotes the Firm as an attractive place of employment through networking, candidate/external vendor contract and daily communication with various internal and external stakeholders including industry groups such as education institutions;
- Oversight of Disability Management for the region and escalation point for disability related accessibility / accommodation matters for the region;
- Monitors staffing levels and proactively manages workforce planning for the region;
- Champions the Performance Review process for the region, reinforcing the objectives and expected outcomes of the process, training employees and managers as required;
- Ensures year-end reviews are conducted in a timely and effective manner, ensuring appropriate follow-up and action on performance development plans;
- Conducts probation meetings with employees at the end of the probationary period. In conjunction with the Manager, provides feedback on progress and monitors and supports areas of development;
- Working collaboratively with national Talent team across the Firm on special projects and sharing of best practices
- Ten (10+) years of progressive HR experience across multiple HR disciplines (ie employee relations, talent management, including workforce planning, coaching, talent acquisition, disability management etc.);
- Strong business acumen with previous experience partnering within the legal industry (preferred) with a track record of success in delivering value-adding results that align with and contribute to organizational and HR success;
- Fluently bilingual in French and English (written and spoken);
- Completed post-secondary education, preferably in Human Resources Management or Business Administration;
- Completion of HR professional designation.
Employment Equity Statement
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility.
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information, please contact Chamini Loganathan, Consultant at email@example.com or 647 480 1717. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Chamini know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email