Litigation Assistant/Law Clerk
Senior Litigation Assistant
Reference - AC # 15341
Our Client, a full service law firm with approximately 240 support staff and lawyers. We are committed to ensuring our people are engaged and supported in their roles. People are their greatest asset and the attraction and retention of talent is essential to their delivery of excellent legal services to their clients. The firm successfully balances high standards of professionalism with a congenial and flexible work environment for its members.
The firm has an immediate opening for a Senior Legal Assistant in our Litigation Group. The successful candidate will provide legal and administrative support to a Senior Partner in the construction law group and will have a minimum of (8) eight years' legal experience in commercial litigation. The successful candidate is a self-starter, well organized, detail oriented and has excellent client communication skills. In addition, the successful candidate must have working knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure and be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Draft and amend correspondence and pleadings through general instruction, precedents or dictation;
- Arrange for service and filing of legal documents to process servers/agents with the appropriate court;
- Maintain client physical and electronic files/records;
- Manage and track deadlines, conditional dates, and appointments;
- Communicate with clients and third parties;
- Handle administrative details with respect to accounting, opening and closing files, docketing, billing, etc., as specifically directed by lawyer; and
- Perform clerical, administrative and general office duties.
- Minimum of (8) eight years' experience as a Legal Assistant;
- Legal Administration and/or Law Clerk Diploma preferred;
- Strong knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure and proficient in preparing court forms;
- Solid understanding of business and legal terminology;
- Strong technical skills using Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, and Calendar), Automated Civil Litigation (ACL), and Legal Essence;
- Familiarity with Aderant accounting software and Teraview an asset;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Client-service oriented;
- Ability to work within a team environment and independently;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with strong attention to detail;
- Capacity to exercise initiative and efficiently and effectively manage multiple many files simultaneously;
- Works well under pressure with strong multi-tasking skills; and
- Conscientious and focused.
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information, please contact Adam Creaghan, Partner at email@example.com or 647-336-1416 or Fay Hage, Senior Recruitment Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 647-480-1709. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Fay Hage know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice, we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email