Are you looking for an amazing administrative opportunity with an industry leader with great brand recognition? Our client, Armour Transportation Systems, is a Platinum Member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and the parent company for a suite of transportation and logistics services companies operating across Eastern and Central Canada and Eastern United States. Armour Transportation Systems offers its customers a complete transportation and logistics solution. With over 4,000 pieces of equipment, more than 2,000 employees, and 24 freight terminals, Armour is one of the leading transportation companies in Canada and provides award-winning service to customers across North America.
We are pleased to be partnered with them to bring an experienced Executive Assistant (EA) to join their talented team. This role will be based from the organization’s Moncton, NB office location. Reporting directly to the COO, this position will play a crucial role in ensuring administrative efficiency and organization. The EA will have a broad scope of administrative responsibilities including calendar management, email correspondence on behalf of the COO, travel arrangements, preparation for meetings and ensuring that the COO and executive team are well-prepared. We are looking for someone who understands the importance of operating with the utmost discretion when dealing with confidential information. The EA will be a key administrative team member and so we are looking for someone who is professional, adaptable, and enjoys a fast-paced role that requires the ability to pivot when needed.
Responsibilities, among others, include:
- Developing, reviewing, formatting, and compiling materials in advance for board and operational meetings
- Providing meeting support by preparing agendas, recording minutes, and coordinating presentations and technology
- Recording, communicating, and following up on action logs
- Ensuring the COO and executive team are fully prepared for meetings
- Ensuring all materials and meeting discussions are handled in a confidential manner
- Oversight of calendar and meeting management including booking meetings, appointments, and events
- Booking business travel including flights, hotels, and vehicles for the executive team
- Receiving and distributing mail, emails, memos, and other materials
- Ordering and confirming catering for business meetings, receptions, and luncheons
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in office administration or a related field
- Post-secondary education or training in office administration, or related field, is considered an asset
- Exceptional ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and manage timelines appropriately
- Strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to interact effectively with all employees and the general public
- Experience dealing with sensitive materials that require confidentiality
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, SharePoint, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Sound knowledge of effective and efficient administrative/secretarial procedures and techniques
If you are an administrative professional with exceptional planning and organizational skills and you are looking for an opportunity to work with an amazing team where you will continue to develop and hone your administrative skills, apply or reach out to us today for more details!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant, at email@example.com. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Sara Morey know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email