Senior Architectural Technologist
Senior Architectural Technologist
Saint John, NB
AM - 15321
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with Steen Knorr Architecture Incorporated to recruit a Senior Architectural Technologist to join their team in Saint John, New Brunswick. Steen Knorr is also open to remote candidates located in either Fredericton or Moncton, New Brunswick.
Established in 1991, Steen Knorr is renowned for their impressive portfolio, particularly in the institutional sector with proven expertise in healthcare and educational projects. Steen Knorr is a progressive firm focusing on sustainable design strategies, and they emphasize the importance of details when striving to meet the needs and expectations of their clients.
Working closely with the Principal Architect, the Senior Architectural Technologist will be responsible for leading the construction administration stage of architectural projects, which currently includes exciting projects in Fredericton and Saint John. This includes reviewing ongoing construction of projects to monitor compliance with contract documents, identifying deficiencies and suggesting resolutions, as well as ensuring documentation is up to date. You will also produce construction drawings and collaborate with the team on other projects being developed.
By joining Steen Knorr, you’ll be joining a firm with established processes and procedures that will allow you to step in and make an impact to projects quickly. Steen Knorr’s staff thrive in a progressive and collaborative atmosphere where every person provides value in multiple ways. The successful candidate will be provided with a competitive compensation package, in a stable and rewarding environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Overseeing architecture projects during the construction phase, which includes but is not limited to: participating in the preparation and tracking of construction administration activities, attending construction site progress meetings, preparing reports, change orders, architects instructions, reviewing of contractor submittals and progress claims, and responding to requests for information;
• Managing communications with clients, consultants, contractors, and a variety of stakeholders while ensuring a thorough understanding of their needs;
• Working with contractors to ensure work is being carried out properly, ensuring any issues are quickly resolved;
• Utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM) and a range of software related to work performed including the Microsoft Office Suite, database software, etc. to assist in completing projects.
This opportunity might be the right fit if you are an experienced Architectural Technologist with a passion for the construction phase of projects. You are self-motivated, detail oriented, and hold yourself accountable for your results. You also possess strong conflict resolution skills and have the ability to think outside the box.
• A Diploma from a recognized college offering an architectural and or engineering technology / technician program.
• 10+ years experience as an Architectural Technologist; healthcare or institutional project experience would be a definite asset;
• Experience working in all phases of architectural projects with an emphasis on construction administration;
• Strong knowledge of the National Building Code of Canada, as well as other Canadian Standards;
• Outstanding attention to detail;
• Excellent communication skills and a natural ability to build relationships;
• Ability to work independently and with minimal direction, while also collaborating effectively in a team environment.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Austin McLennan, Senior Consultant, at 902-424-1103 and email@example.com or Rebecca Barr, Recruitment Specialist at 902-424-1102 and firstname.lastname@example.org, or please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Austin or Rick know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email