Halifax, Nova Scotia
NOVONIX is a developer and supplier of high-performance materials, and technologies for the global lithium-ion battery industry with operations in the USA and Canada. NOVONIX is comprised of two businesses: NOVONIX Battery Technology Solutions (BTS) based in Halifax and PUREgraphite (NOVONIX Anode Materials) based in Chattanooga, Tennessee. NOVONIX BTS spun out of Dr. Jeff Dahn’s lab at Dalhousie University, provides the most accurate battery cell testing in the world. Their equipment and cell testing services are used by leading battery makers, researchers and equipment manufacturers including Panasonic, CATL, LG Chem, Samsung SDI, SK Innovation, XALT Energy, K2 Energy, Bosch, Dyson, Dalhousie University, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, and Helmholtz Institute. NOVONIX BTS offers an array of services including: materials development and evaluation, cell design, cell testing, and electrolyte analysis.
On behalf of our client, we are currently recruiting for a Product Manager to join their team of dedicated professionals in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Reporting to the COO, the Product Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining the processes necessary to ensure NOVONIX products are designed, manufactured, sold, and supported in an efficient and methodical manner. Key accountabilities include:
Process Development and Improvement
• Develop and implement a product management process for both hardware and software development
• Coordination with internal teams to ensure product targets are met
• Conduct market research, engage with customers and industry experts to understand and identify market needs and product opportunities
Managing the lifecycle of hardware and software products
• Develop the product strategy, scope, and roadmaps designed to achieve market success in alignment with the overall strategy and objectives set for NOVONIX
• Defining of product requirements
• Liaising with internal and external stakeholders regarding product requirements and customer feedback
• Monitor and analyze product profitability performance and trends and direct other internal departments to take appropriate actions to ensure product financial objectives are met.
Participation in Corporate Strategy Planning
• Attending strategy planning meetings and providing customer and product information and feedback
• The development of a product vision and strategy from the corporate business plan
• Present and playback business problems / opportunities to customers and potential partners for refinement
As the ideal candidate, you are a highly motivated leader, possessing 5+ years of related product management experience. Product management experience in a start-up environment will be considered an asset. Knowledge of the battery industry will be preferred. You are entrepreneurial spirited, with proven ability to contribute to the growth of a business. Highly organized, detail and process-oriented, you are able to work well as a team as well as independently. With exceptional communication skills, you possess strong business acumen and are highly analytical by nature. A university degree in business, commerce, engineering or computer science is required; MBA will be considered a bonus.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online directly by clicking 'Apply Now' below.
If you have any questions, please contact Brittany Beale, Consultant at email@example.com or Scott McGaw, Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email