Manager Of Communications & People
Communications & People Manager
Reference # AC – 15203
Meridia has partnered with a private, family-owned, industrial company that focuses on engineered products, fabrication, machining, foundries and fieldwork and they are looking for a Communications & People Manager to join their team in their Ontario office.
This is a new position on the Communications & People team and presents an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to help shape the position. It also presents an opportunity for ongoing skills development and growth. The mandate for the role is to help protect and promote our client’s brand and reputation with both internal and external audiences, leveraging traditional and digital communications channels.
- Support the VP of Communication & People in delivering the Communications & People strategy and objectives.
- Develop innovative, internal communications to engage company General Managers and their teams. Including initiatives such as virtual meetings, regular communications, and network engagement strategies.
- Manage overall online presence, including social media and other digital channels.
- Support planning and execution for in-person and virtual meetings such as the annual General Managers’ meeting.
- Support Communications & People strategies for mergers and acquisitions.
- Develop regular, standard materials for internal and external audiences.
- Interact with senior stakeholders including the executive level on a regular basis.
- Provide strategic counsel on communications activities to key stakeholders.
- Diploma or undergraduate degree, preferably in a communication-related field.
- Communications professional with at least six years of experience in a corporate setting.
- Experience with both internal and external communications.
- Experience supporting and working with senior management, providing strategic communications advice and consultations.
- Excellent writing and communications skills with an ability to integrate strategic messages and target the audience appropriately.
- Experience with digital communications channels including social media platforms.
- Ability to travel as required for meetings and events. *Note, travel is not currently being conducted due to COVID restrictions.
- Proven ability to build relationships with key stakeholders and work as a team to achieve objectives.
- Proven project management skills with the ability to problem solve and address issues as they arise to keep the project on track.
- Solutions oriented and a strategic thinker with a proactive, energetic, and can-do attitude.
- Passionate about what you do and always striving for excellence.
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information, please contact Adam Creaghan, a Senior Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 647-336-1416 or Fay Hage, a Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com or 647-480-1709. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Fay Hage know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice, we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email