Director Of Global CompensationApply Now
Job Title: Director, Global Compensation
Since inception, crypto has been changing the world - and the Kraken team is leading the charge. Over the last decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world; they are changing the way we think about money and finance. With a staff of over 2000 in over 60 countries, the business is on an exciting trajectory and they are looking to add an outstanding Global Director of Total Rewards to their Human Resources team.
As the Director of Global Compensation, you will help lead the development of company policies, guidelines, processes, and strategies, and be tasked with using your experience to provide innovative ideas and action plans as the organization moves through the IPO process.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Partnering with the Global Head of Total Rewards to drive the vision and long-term compensation roadmap on the development of compensation strategies, programs, policies, and processes including stock programs and sales compensation
- Acting as a strategic business partner to senior leaders and partner with cross functional partners to ensure all compensation programs are aligned with business goals, properly accounted, and forecasted for to support talent acquisition, retention, and career development
- Creating, analyzing, developing, implementing, and administering global compensation program(s) taking into consideration the overall business strategy and internal philosophies. This includes the creation of communications, resources, processes, and tools associated with the program(s
- Devising creative solutions and approaches to compensation that enables Kraken to meet the demands of a competitive marketplace
- Staying current on legal and regulatory trends and requirements in Compensation globally, analyzing impact to Kraken and assisting the greater HR team in proactively developing and implementing actions to mitigate the organization’s risk and ensure compliance
- Leading M&A due diligence, resource planning and integration activities for the compensation function, and getting programs ready for IPO
- Preparing compensation documents, presentations, and communications for audiences at all levels including the Compensation Committee and Board of Directors
- Managing and deepening partnerships with key vendors and external partners that will enrich Kraken’s thinking and programs with industry insights and ensure that Kraken’s programs remain competitive
As the Director of Compensation, you have led the building of compensation related programs and initiatives and have experience developing materials for compensation committees, stock plans, pay equity plans and even sales compensation. Your passion for getting an organization IPO ready is demonstrated through the successes you’ve had in the past and your interest to take that learning and do it again.
Your qualifications include:
- A minimum of 10+ years of progressive Compensation experience; both domestically and internationally
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) certification a plus
- Experience taking an organization through pre-IPO to post-IPO is a requirement
- Ability to efficiently manage current programs, challenge the status quo, and champion new initiatives
- A consummate team player who builds highly effective professional relationships and can effectively work with and communicate across multiple levels of the organization
- Results oriented with strong operations skillset
- Sound knowledge of the Regulatory and Legislative imperatives and impacts related to compensation programs (FLSA, Equal Pay etc.)
- Experience in both a start-up and a organization with a global footprint, ideally in Tech, Finance
- Experience working remotely a plus
- A passion for and knowledge of cryptocurrency is a huge plus
This is an opportunity to leverage your experience to support Kraken on its quest to become a destination for industry talent. You will be given the support and resources necessary to achieve this vision and will be part of a dynamic and collaborative team while doing so. By joining this mission driven organization, you’ll be part of a diverse group of thinkers and doers that are dedicated to making cryptocurrency available and accessible to the world and enabling people from all walks of life to invest in their independence.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Katherine Risley, Partner, at 902-424-1120 and firstname.lastname@example.org or Jessica Severeyns, Recruitment Specialist at 902-421-1310 and email@example.com, or please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Katherine or Jessica know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email