Meridia is proud to partner with our client, a leading organization in their field, in search of a Financial Administrator to join their team in Halifax, NS. This is a contract position with a well established and respected organization, and we are looking for an accounting professional with bookkeeping. Contract positions are a great way to gain experience and use your skill set with a great organization.
Responsibilities will include:
- Scan/save invoices and obtain approvals
- Create weekly cheque/EFT runs with Office Manager
- Preform balance inquiries if required
- Notify Institutions with EFT confirmations and payment schedule
- Enter invoices in QuickBooks and use templates for invoices
- Download/file monthly bank statement and interest
- Monthly journal entries for prepaids/accruals/HST/depreciation
- Investment statement reconciliation and journal entry
- Month-end closing procedures and preparation of reports with CFO
- Create payroll review for CFO to approve
- Fill in and submit benefit remittance forms
The ideal candidate will have:
- Diploma or degree in accounting, finance, or a relevant field
- Experience in a similar role
- Experience with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office products
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Great organizational and time management skills
If you are seeking hands-on accounting and finance experience at an exciting company, reach out now!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant, at email@example.com. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Sara Morey know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email