Reference # HL-15195
The Bertossi Group consists of four authentic, Italian inspired restaurants in Halifax, Nova Scotia committed to serving only the finest, freshest ingredients. The Bicycle Thief, Ristorante a Mano, La Frasca Cibi & Vini, and il Mercato Trattoria have become fixtures of the Nova Scotia culinary scene. Known for excellence and exceptional customer service, they have become destinations for both locals and visitors from around the world. Providing excellence in hospitality is something the Bertossi Group is absolutely passionate about, and they wish nothing more than for all their guests to feel as though they are visitors to their home – as if they are family enjoying a unique, one-of-a-kind culinary experience
We are proud to be partnered with The Bertossi Group in search of an Accountant to join their team in Halifax, NS. Under the management of the Controller, this position will be responsible for assisting in all accounting functions supporting the Bertossi Group of Restaurants. The successful candidate will be organized and excel in time management.
- Accounts Payable for all 4 restaurants
- Daily bank reconciliations
- Visa monitoring, posting, and reconciling
- Processing cash as required
- Preparation of cash deposits weekly
- Covering staff vacation when needed
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of five years in accounting and office experience
- A diploma or university degree in a related field
- Payroll experience
- A working knowledge of ADP and restaurant point of sale systems
- Experience working in the hospitality industry is considered an asset
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact at all levels of the company
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Highly organized, with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
If you are a dedicated and experienced full cycle accountant looking to join a fantastic organization, this could be the perfect role for you. Connect with us today!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Jason Ozon, Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Jason Ozon know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email