Reference # - AC 15192
Our client’s Ontario marketing team is looking for an outgoing, passionate marketing events specialist who will report to the Manager, Marketing Services in their Toronto. The Marketing Event Specialist will plan, co-ordinate, and execute a variety of firm events for internal and external clients. This is a critical role that supports the business and client development activities of their lawyers and practice groups. The successful candidate will have regular direct contact with the firm’s Partners and Associates as well as their Legal Assistants.
The firm is currently working remotely, and the role offers remote flexibility post pandemic. Hours of work are from 9 am to 5 pm. Occasional pre-authorized overtime may be required to meet client needs.
- Having a strong client service approach – you’re ready, willing, and able to put our clients first and exceed their expectations
- Caring about one another – you possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build harmonious working relationships within your immediate team, across other departments in the firm, and the community
- Working collaboratively – you’re a self starter who values working in a collaborative team-based environment
- Possessing exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written) when dealing with lawyers, clients, staff and third parties
- Adapting to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment while being organized and maintaining accuracy with a high attention to detail
- Being solution oriented and forward thinking
- Approaching your work with agility and the willingness to learn and utilise new technology
- Being a self-starter with the ability to work in a team-based environment
- Treating sensitive and confidential matters with discretion and diplomacy at all times
- Working with lawyers and other stakeholders to develop customized events that meet the firm’s business development objectives including seminars and conferences, receptions, and social events
- Engaging and coordinating in-house resources to ensure that all logistics are managed and executed
- Coordinating event logistics, sourcing, and recommending vendors, suppliers, caterers, promotional items, offsite venues, and negotiating costs
- Gathering and helping to prepare material and coordinating logistics for PowerPoint presentations and formatting as required
- Creating and monitoring event schedules and budgets
- Identifying and resolving event issues to minimize complications
- Working with Marketing Team to assist with the creation of the graphic concept in order to create event invitations, both in print and evites, and any required handouts
- Creating and updating event information in the Firm’s database. Including maintaining lists of sponsors, clients, and contacts for invitation lists
- Ensuring invitations are sent, maintaining the RSVP list, and sending out attendance confirmation emails
- Participating in a variety of department initiatives as required to assist the team
- Keeping up-to-date with industry trends and identifying new tools to improve the event management process as appropriate.
- Post secondary education with a focus in Business, Hospitality Management or Event Planning
- Minimum 3 years’ of experience required with preference for those who have previous experience in the legal industry and/or professional services
- Proficiency with MS Office 2010 applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), and knowledge of CRM systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of event management principles, methods, and techniques.
Our client believes in a diverse workplace that is comprised of individuals with unique backgrounds, characteristics and qualities. An inclusive workplace creates an equitable environment where individuals are respected and where they are welcome. Fasken is committed to diversity and inclusion in all that they do.
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information, please contact Adam Creaghan, Partner at email@example.com or 647-336-1416 or Fay Hage, Recruitment Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 647-480-1709. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Fay Hage know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice, we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email