Finance Manager (Controller)
Finance Manager (Controller)
Emmerson Packaging is a third-generation family-owned company that has over 450 employees and more than 300,000 square feet of facilities in Amherst, Nova Scotia, and Belleville, Ontario. For over 60 years, they have been an industry leader in flexible packaging solutions, and they love what they do. Emmerson prides themselves on meeting and exceeding the highest quality standards in everything they do. This passion and pride has won them the distinction of being named one of Canada’s Best Managed companies for 11 years running.
Now, on behalf of Emmerson Packaging, Meridia is in search of a Finance Manager (Controller) to join their team in Amherst, NS. The Finance Manager (Controller) develops and leads the implementation of financial policies, systems, and controls.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develops analytics to improve department efficiencies and monitor internal workload
- Ensures that accounting records are prepared and maintained in accordance with the company’s accounting policies, chart of accounts, and related accounting principles and practices, and that subordinate ledgers reconcile with the general ledger.
- Prescribes methods of providing accounting data for various reports and statements.
- Interprets the company’s general accounting systems and procedures for all components of the accounting function, including those for accounts receivable and payroll
- Collaborates with management to develop schedules, procedures, and systems to enable the timely and informative accumulation, adjustment, and reporting of financial data
- Develops, implements, and maintains operation accounting procedures and controls for production and inventory management
- Supervises the financial analysis of the manufacturing operations; includes preparation of manufacturing statements which identify the variances incurred, reporting to management on the nature of the variances and any appropriate corrective action
- Tracks cost saving initiatives for the manufacturing process; ensures they are appropriately maintained in the Cost Accounting system
- Provides direction to departmental managers as required, and to operating and senior management on matters involving cost determination problems, or uses such as inventory valuation, distribution of overhead, and production performance reporting
The ideal candidate will have:
- Accounting designation (CPA)
- Five (5) years’ accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in a leadership role with supervisory responsibilities
- Experience in preparing cost benefit justification for expansion, new equipment, processes, etc.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy
- Advanced competency in the use of Excel and accounting software, and proficiency in the use of Word, Access, and PowerPoint software
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, in addition to solid interpersonal skills
- Strong time-management and organizational skills; able to multi-task effectively
- Knowledge of LEAN manufacturing principles and accounting methods is considered an asset
- Experience with SAP is considered an asset
- Experience in a multiple-location business environment is considered an asset
If you are an experienced leader in accounting and passionate about the manufacturing industry, apply today!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant, at email@example.com. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Sara Morey know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email