Matter Management Assistant
Matter Management Assistant
Reference # - AC 15190
Our client, one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, is currently looking for a Matter Management Assistant to join the Finance department in the Toronto office.
This role will support the accurate and timely maintenance of Client and Matter information within the Aderant system to ensure Aderant tracking and billing processes flow effectively.
- New Matter Opening – Auditing and finalizing all new matter openings submitted by Legal Assistants and other legal professionals to ensure data within Aderant is both accurate and complete; supporting Legal Assistants to successfully submit matters for opening
- Client and Matter Changes – Once a client or Matter is established, all changes to Client or Matter information are directly managed by this role; work includes ensuring all new or revised information is effectively and accurately input to the system
- Back-Up Support to Cash Receipt Management – This role acts as the back-up for bank deposits and posting of wire transfers when the Accounts Receivable Administrator is absent; as a result, this role requires proficiency in the
- Firm’s cash receipt process in Aderant and requires the timely and accurate processing of all cash receipts when performing this back-up function
- College diploma is required
- Minimum of one to two years of professional work experience, including data input and data management in complex information systems
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills, time management and ability to prioritize work tasks
- Strong knowledge of matter management and cash receipt data structures and processes within Aderant
- Strong customer service orientation
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written
- Positive, professional disposition and flexibility to handle regular interruptions and unexpected changes to workflow
- Ability to demonstrate tact and respect for confidential material
- Team player who is willing to assist peers as needed
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information, please contact Adam Creaghan, Partner at email@example.com or 647-336-1416 or Fay Hage, Recruitment Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 647-480-1709. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Fay Hage know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice, we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email