Director, Supply Chain and Planning
Job Title: Director, Supply Chain and Planning
Location: Lunenburg, NS
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with STELIA Aerospace, an AirBus Group Company, to recruit the Director, Supply Chain and Planning to join their team in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia.
Stelia Aerospace North America is a recognized leader in the design, analysis, and development of advanced composite structures for the aeronautic, defense, and space markets. They are supported by manufacturing plants, environmental testing, and prototyping establishments. Headquartered in Lunenburg, NS, with one site in Mirabel, QC, its main facility consists of 150,000 sqft. dedicated to operations and administration. With more than 4500 composite, metal, or hybrid sub-assemblies delivered in 2019, STELIA Aerospace North America supports the major aeronautical players with innovating global solutions.
As the Director, Supply Chain and Planning you will oversee a team of buyers and supplier performance staff in the integration of a planning strategy that drives end-to-end supply chain and demand management. You will lead sourcing, contracting, contract execution & supplier relationship management activities. Defining gaps in legacy programs you will lead the implementation of best in class supply chain planning systems, drive supplier consolidation, identify new technologies to support your team. You and your team will work closely with sales and other internal stakeholders to ensure material is on hand when it’s needed so maximum production efficiency and on time delivery can be achieved. As a change agent, you’ll also work to develop the cultural shift necessary to support new planning and procurement programs.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the ‘Nerve Centre’ organization which includes planning, procurement, supplier performance monitoring, and inbound logistics
- Owning, executing, and continuously improving the sales, operational, and procurement planning process
- Ensuring control over MRP and related tools
- Developing a long-term strategy for Supply Chain Management
- Working collaboratively with partners across the supply chain to deliver value creating solutions for customers
- Providing leadership and development for the Nerve Center employees
- Developing effective working relationships with the suppliers
- Sourcing and negotiating cost-effective, long-term contracts with suppliers
- Supporting proposal activities for RFPs; ensuring competitive material pricing and customer requirements are secured by vendors
- Continuously improving internal controls, and leading ethics and compliance best practices
- Working with Human Resources and Supervisors to ensure that roles and responsibilities are defined and communicated at all levels
As the ideal candidate, you are able to leverage your expertise in Planning and Procurement and your experience in the manufacturing and/or aeronautic industry to drive change and challenge legacy processes with the goal of continuous improvement. You have the ability to develop effective working relationships across an organization and within the industry, and you leverage your strong communication skills to act as an influencer and gain buy-in to new ideas. You are curious by nature with the ability to bring creativity to problem solving and you thrive in an environment where you can successfully implement best practices to make the business more efficient.
Your qualifications include:
- Degree in Business Administration/Commerce and/or applicable Professional Designation such as Supply Chain Management Professional
- Minimum of 7-10 years of progressive leadership and management experience in a manufacturing and/or aeronautic industry
- Formal training in Continuous Improvement principles (e.g., 5S/6S, VSM, SPC, DOE) is an asset
- Lean certification an asset
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Stellar analytical skills coupled with a solid attention to detail, ensuring accuracy of data
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral
- Highly organized and results driven
- Dedicated team player, with the ability to communicate and manage at all levels of the organization
- Bilingualism would be considered an asset
As the aerospace industry uses this time as an opportunity to rethink how aircrafts will be built, it is the perfect time for you to step in and make your mark. By joining the team at Stelia, you will have access to world class systems, processes and design teams that will enable you to make an impact and be a leader in an industry that is reimagining itself. This is a role for someone looking to take their career to the next level and who wants to do so in an evolving industry where your efforts will be rewarded.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Katherine Risley, Partner, at 902-424-1120 and email@example.com or Emma Roberts, Recruitment Specialist at 902-424-1104 and firstname.lastname@example.org, or please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Katherine or Emma know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email