Reference # HL-15138
Are you a passionate and experienced accounting professional? We are looking for a Controller to join our client’s amazing team in Burnside, NS. Our client is a well-established business in the retail industry and are known for providing excellent service and experiences. If you enjoy digging into the details and ensuring the financial operations run efficiently and strategically, this is a great opportunity for you.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller will be responsible supporting the overall accounting responsibilities and operation of the administrative office. We are looking for someone who can add value to an organization with their exceptional financial and accounting capabilities.
The Controller will have oversight and responsibility for:
- Match supplier invoices to authorized purchase orders and proof of receipt for direct ship vendors and process for payment
- Obtain payment approvals for non-cost of goods sold related expenses
- Process expense reports, ensuring claims are appropriate and approval process completed
- Pay supplier invoices when due
- Ad hoc daily, weekly, and monthly reporting to support the various departments of the organization
- Manage office and admin staff which includes accounts payable, accounts receivable, float preparation, and reconciliation of cash
- Review daily sale transactions to identify any unusual irregularities
- Review daily changes in inventory adjustments to identify any irregularities
- Review internal controls and identify process breakdowns
- Support the inventory, accounts receivable, payroll, and human resources functions
- Prepare month-end reconciliations, including but not limited to bank reconciliations, receivables, inventory, prepaid, accruals, and supporting the preparation of financial statements
- Support the Chief Financial Officer and Senior Leadership team with special requests as required
The ideal candidate in this role will have:
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in accounting
- Recognized professional accounting designation (CPA)
- 5+ years of accounting experience
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office and computer-based accounting systems
- Self starter that is strongly motivated and dedicated
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work with a small busy team
If you are looking to work in a close-knit environment, then connect with us to learn more about this fantastic opportunity!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Jason Ozon, Consultant, at email@example.com. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Jason Ozon know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email