Our client, Colour, has a great brand and reputation in the marketplace. They are vibrant and driven, and we have partnered with them in search of a Controller to join their dynamic and growing team. With locations in Halifax, Toronto, and New York, this role will be based out of their Halifax office and employees are working remotely at this time.
As the Controller, you will be a critical member of the team who will help challenge processes and status quo. You will champion process improvement and recommend business actions based on your financial analysis. You will be responsible for the full cycle accounting, any HR administration including payroll, as well as facilities management, bank relationships, and government programs (i.e., student co-op, subsidies, etc.).
You will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- All financial and accounting functions within the dynamic group of businesses
- Manage the day-to-day operations to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting
- Prepare financial statements and reports, reconcile accounts and sub ledgers, monitor cash flow, and provide risk analysis
- Support the annual budget and monthly revenue projection process, the year-end process along with the annual financial audits and tax filings
- Provide assistance and guidance as requested to support the business units
- Work closely with and lead an Accounting Assistant, providing oversight and guidance of their day-to-day accounting activities
The ideal candidate will have:
- CPA designation
- 5-7 years’ experience in an accounting role
- Experience in a professional services firm
- Enjoy a great team environment and want to add value to the organization
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills and excellent analytical skills
- Experience with Excel, cloud-based systems, project management time reporting, and accounting systems – preferably Zero
- Superior planning and organizational skills with a team player attitude, eager to contribute to the company’s growing success
- An energetic intensity and desire to make things happen
This is an exciting opportunity for a hands-on accounting professional who has an entrepreneurial mindset. Reach out or apply to learn more!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant, at email@example.com. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Sara Morey know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email