Reference # HL-15124
Cresco, a leading new home construction, land development, property management, and real estate company located in Bedford, Nova Scotia, has partnered with Meridia in search of an experienced Controller.
Reporting to the Vice President of Finance, the Controller will be a member of the senior management team and have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for the accounting, reporting, risk management, business plan development, cash flow, information technology activities, and internal systems and control activities.
- Direct and oversee the preparation of timely and accurate periodic financial reports.
- Take hands-on lead position in the development of the annual business plan, including the operational budget and cash flow for all business units, to ensure the prudent allocation of resources.
- Provide leadership in the continuous evaluation of financial performance to help drive the organization's strategic direction and growth.
- Direct the preparation of weekly cash flow forecasts to provide management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Retain, hire, and train employees within the department to strengthen and develop technical, leadership and management skills.
- Manage banking relationships to ensure continual support for the company's financial requirements.
- Ensure effective internal processes, systems and controls are in place to safeguard company assets.
- Coordinate the internal preparation of annual financial reporting with external accountants.
- Other finance and administrative duties as required.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A CPA designation
- 10+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in the construction industry, real estate development, and/or property management
- Strong computer literacy and proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Well-organized and a motivated team player
- Able to effectively handle multiple priorities while maintaining a high level of integrity and dependability, and a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
If you are an experienced finance and accounting professional with strong business acumen and entrepreneurial spirit, this is the perfect opportunity to join a prosperous organization. Connect with us or Apply Now today!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Jason Ozon, Consultant, at email@example.com. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Jason Ozon know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email