Port Hawkesbury, NS
Covering the areas from Cape Breton to Northern Nova Scotia, Breton Petroleum offers a large range of services and products, including furnace oil, gas, diesel, lubricants, DEF fluid, and windshield wash, as well as burner service and equipment installations. Founded in 1992, Breton Petroleum achieved ISO 9001:2008 quality designation in 2012, and ISO 9001:2015 designation in 2018.
On behalf of Breton Petroleum, we are looking for an experienced Controller to join their talented team in Port Hawkesbury, NS. The Controller is responsible for managing the overall financial reporting and providing accurate information to the leadership team. The Controller will be responsible for financial reporting as well as the analysis of company results.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing timely and accurate corporate monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting and analysis
- Preparing year end files
- Monthly corporate expense analysis
- Assisting with cash flow forecasting
- Preparation of budgets
- Inputting of data
- Monitoring legislation and regulations regarding compliance for financial reporting and operations
- Preparing cash flow and cash management reports
- Managing and mentoring accounting team members
The ideal candidate will have:
- CPA designation with experience in a similar role
- Strong systems skills, specifically Excel
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, ability to lead and coach an experienced team
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong understanding of financial statements and financial reporting
- Proven organizational, analytical, and problem resolution capabilities
- Excellent judgement, reasoning, and conflict resolutions skills.
- Energetic and collaborative with a proactive approach
This is a great role with a busy organization. We are looking for a Controller who likes being hands on and who likes to dig into the details. If this sounds like you, apply now!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant, at email@example.com. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Sara Morey know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email