Head Of Finance Operations
Head of Finance Operations
Reference # HL-15106
Meridia has partnered with a client in the financial services industry, who is seeking a Head of Finance Operations to join their location in Halifax, Nova Scotia. The Head of Finance Operations is responsible for accounts payable, receivable, and bank functions. The primary focus of this role will be to transform the function by aligning the current processes and implementing changes in order to streamline and centralize the processes in different jurisdictions. The Head of Finance Operations will build and lead a high-performing team, will develop strong working relationships with business partners, and deliver high quality service for the organization.
- Lead the strategic design and implementation of streamlining processes and re-engineering the function
- Support the team leaders and provide excellent internal and external customer service for the accounts payable/receivable process
- Translate requests from business operations and executive management into actions for the financial operations team
- Assess the risks faced by the finance operations team and ensure that the control environment is fit for purpose, while balancing the objectives of efficiency, accuracy, and timeliness
- Negotiate service standards with internal and external business partners
- Provide recommendations on tools, technology, and process changes to achieve the vision for the department
- Work collaboratively with all areas of the business, provide solutions to challenging situations, and support and respond to customer questions/queries
- Interact effectively and closely with the financial reporting team, considering process improvements to contribute to accelerating reporting timelines
- Conduct performance reviews of the financial operations team and assist staff with building their personal development plans
- Lead the team in resolving issues that arise outside the normal course of business
- Work with the investments area to ensure current and projected liquidity is sufficient
- Assist in preparation of required deliverables for annual external audit and periodically internal audits
- Involvement in other business projects as required
The ideal candidate will have:
- An internationally recognized accounting designation
- 10-15 years’ experience in finance operations
- A highly driven, energetic, and collaborative individual who is passionate about making an impact upon the business
- Knowledge of different business functions, principles, and processes
- Previous success of enhancing business performance by partnering with the business
- Strong relationship management and communication skills
- Thrives on adapting to a broad array of complex challenges and a high level of accountability
- Advanced Excel skills – including experience of creating and using macros, Pivot Tables, and advanced formulas
- Proven experience of successfully leading a team
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Jason Ozon, Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Jason Ozon know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email