Job Title: Production Manager
Location: Belledune, New Brunswick
The Shaw Group is one of Eastern Canada’s leading natural resource manufacturers and community developers. With a specialty in products for the construction industry, they serve a variety of market sectors and produce close to 1,000 individual products in 12 facilities across the Maritimes. Operating on a decentralized basis through a number of divisions and subsidiaries to provide the best service for their clients, The Shaw Group puts a strong focus on providing a work environment that recognizes individual and team achievements. Committed to making a positive contribution to the communities and regions they operate in, their market has grown to include all of North America and they export product all over the world. The Shaw Group is looking for a Production Manager to join their Shaw Resources division in Belledune, New Brunswick.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, the Production Manager is responsible for all day-to-day production at the plant. With safety as a top priority, you will plan and execute work schedules, work to enhance the maintenance program, and support staff in meeting their operational goals. You will identify opportunities to increase productivity by working closely with staff to identify bottlenecks and developing a culture of continuous improvement.
In addition, you will be responsible to:
- Identify, analyze and adopt appropriate industry best practices in Plant, maintenance and operations
- Collaborate with operational colleagues to create, measure, and improve operational KPI's
- Maximize efficiency using real time data to make decisions to optimize daily production
- Review overhead expenses vs. budget on a monthly basis. Identify potential issues and take appropriate actions
- Participate in Plant Lean Kaizen projects, share best practices, implement SOP’s and track savings on a monthly basis
- Maximize productivity and output per man hour
- Develop an understanding of our customers’ needs to align them with the operational requirements of the plant
- Work to improve on plants scorecard metrics on a monthly basis (e.g. production targets, In Spec.)
- Mentor and develop competencies in the team that lead to improved performance in their current role and their potential preparation for future roles
- Create and maintain a safe, fun workplace for all employee’s
- Lead the safety culture within the plant in all actions and instructions
- Conduct or oversee the execution of training with all plant personnel for both Safety and Operational excellence
- Measure critical safety metrics on a monthly basis, identify potential issues and take appropriate actions
With at least 5 years of operations experience you couple your leadership capabilities with your charismatic personality and innate ability to motivate people. You are resourceful and your mechanical aptitude helps you find creative solutions to technical problems. In addition, you jump at the opportunity to make the workplace more efficient and have demonstrated an ability to present ideas in a way that gains buy-in from a variety of stakeholders.
Your qualifications include:
- Post-secondary education or trade
- 3 or more years leadership experience in a manufacturing or operations environment
- Experience in manufacturing is considered an asset
- A track record of establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- A track record of successfully collaborating with other team members
- Experience collaborating with various areas within an organization and with staff at all levels of an organization
- Lean experience an asset
The Shaw Group has been a part of the community for over 160 years and over time has proven to be adaptable and innovative. It’s an exciting time to be a part of this ever-evolving organization; as a key contributor you will play an integral role in leading continuous improvement initiatives with the plant, and you’ll see the product you help to create being used around the world as renewable energy. You will be given the latitude necessary to develop and lead initiatives as well as the support needed to be successful in this venture. In exchange for your experience and expertise, you will receive a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as the opportunity to grow your career.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Katherine Risley, Partner, at 902-424-1120 and firstname.lastname@example.org or Jessica Severeyns, Recruitment Specialist at 902-421-1310 and email@example.com, or please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Katherine or Jessica know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email