We are working on a fantastic opportunity with our client, Inland Technologies, in Truro, Nova Scotia. They are a rapidly growing business in the airport services industry, with operations across Canada, the US and parts of Europe and have provided highly specialized environmental services for over 25 years. Inland Technologies is part of The Inland Group of Companies, which consist of:
- Inland Technologies, specializing in airport environmental services
- IDS, delivering aircraft de-icing services
- Quantem Aviation Services, specializing in airport ground and cargo handling
Inland Technologies is searching for an Accounting Manager to support the finance and accounting operations of the Inland Group, assisting with month end close, reconciling accounts, preparing monthly financial reports, and leading the team of corporate accountants.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Abide by Inland’s procedural handbooks, operational plans, and directives of management to ensure that all work is done according to specifications and/or regulations
- Set goals, expectations as well as mentor, train and develop team of corporate accountants (4)
- Manage the monthly financial close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries and account balance reconciliations
- Ensure direct reports meet all financial reporting deadlines
- Prepare and/or review monthly non-consolidated financial statements for multiple entities operating in multi-currencies
- Assist with preparation for annual external audits
- Assist with compilation of information for preparation of tax returns
- Assist with the implementation of new software and process improvements
- Drive and maintain a high level of efficiency and productivity
- Perform/complete other additional projects, duties, and assignments as required and/or by request
The ideal candidate will have:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in finance, accounting, business administration or relevant post-secondary education or a combination of continuing education and experience
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive accounting experience
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) considered an asset
- Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting practices and standards
- High level of proficiency in computer applications, including Microsoft Office, accounting and ERP software (Sage 300 preferred)
- Experience with foreign currency and consolidations considered an asset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Open-minded, consultative, and collaborative style
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining professionalism in all interactions
- Ability to exhibit sound judgment and confidentiality
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant, at email@example.com. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Sara Morey know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email