Senior Technical Architect
Senior Technical Architect
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with FBM to recruit a Senior Technical Architect to join their team in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
FBM is a mid-sized architectural, interior design and planning firm that has developed an exceptional reputation for service excellence in the built environment. The quality and detail of their design work and construction documentation has earned an impressive portfolio of award-winning architectural projects achieved over its 100-plus year history in Atlantic Canada. In addition, FBM has been named one of Canada’s Top Small/Medium Employers and one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers as FBM staff thrive in a collaborative culture and supportive work environment.
As a technically oriented Architect, you will lead the creation of design and construction documents for all project phases while developing innovative solutions to suit design intent and project specific issues. You will work with the project team to deliver project documentation requirements, coordinate architectural documents with other key project design disciplines, and provide leadership and mentorship to junior staff. By joining FBM, you’ll have the ability to work independently with the benefits and support of a well-established, multi-disciplinary architectural and design studio.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Prepare working drawings and detail drawings including drawings for tender, detailing, and construction documentation;
• Provide technical support in areas such as building science and construction methodologies to create solutions to complex design challenges;
• Ensure designs and deliverables conform to technical guidelines, code requirements and regulations;
• Provide oversight and mentor project team on production drawings, quality control as well as coordinate with other external sub-consultant teams.
This opportunity might be the right fit if you are a natural with technology and have an excellent knowledge of building envelope design and building construction techniques. You are the type of person who enjoys collaborating with others, solving project challenges, and are self-motivated. Above all, your work ethic and attention to detail have allowed you to enjoy success while managing multiple projects. In return for the experience you bring, FBM offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Your qualifications include:
• Registered Architect who is or can be licensed in Nova Scotia;
• 15+ years of experience creating construction drawings using Revit and AutoCAD in a variety of complex project types including mixed-use residential, institutional, or healthcare;
• Advanced understanding of construction related issues including envelope detailing, NMS specifications, building codes, project costs accessbility and sustainability;
• Proven experience overseeing construction administration phases;
• Demonstrated experience creating working and detail drawings and 3D models using Revit, Sketchup and AutoCAD.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Austin McLennan, Senior Consultant, at 902-424-1103 and firstname.lastname@example.org or Rick Neima, Recruitment Specialist at 902-421-4407 and email@example.com, or please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Austin or Rick know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email