Reference # AC - 15089
Our client, a dynamic accounting firm with multiple growth opportunities, is looking for a new Senior Accountant! Located in Whitby, our client has been serving the Durham Region and GTA for over 30 years. Their diverse client base ranges from professional partnerships and owner-operated small businesses to distributors, software developers, real estate companies, car dealerships, manufacturers, and not-for-profit organizations. You will be challenged, mentored, and supported as you grow as a professional.
- Effectively and independently manage audit, review, and compilation engagements, and deliver complete product to the partner or client on a timely basis
- Review of personal, trust and corporate tax returns and other tax reporting forms
- Tax planning and tax research
- Understand the client’s industry and recognize key performance indicators, business trends, and the emerging technical and industry developments
- Responsible for identifying and resolving complex and routine accounting, audit, and tax issues
- Support the development of junior staff accountants via mentoring, coaching, performance appraisals and on-the-job training
- Communicate with all (junior staff, managers, partners, and clients) on progress and delivery timelines; prepare engagement budgets and monitor efficiencies
- Identify opportunities for increasing business and adding value with new and existing clients
- CPA, CA
- 3(+) years of relevant experience in a public accounting firm with exposure to tax, audit, review, and compilation engagements
- Experience in preparation of T1’s, T2’s and T3’s
- Strong technical ASPE/ASNPO accounting and tax skills
- Computer proficient; working knowledge and experience in a variety of software applications including CaseWare Working Papers, Profile and tax research software
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to organize, prepare and clearly present information to our clients and team
Our client offers a place where you can put your critical thinking, creative ideas, and business skills into high gear. You will be working alongside other professional, hardworking, and dedicated individuals, who value providing exceptional client services. Aside from a positive and enjoyable work environment, our client offers group health benefits, a competitive salary, an employee recognition program, performance-based compensation, and partnership opportunities.
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information, please contact Adam Creaghan, Partner at email@example.com or 647-336-1416 or Fay Hage, Recruitment Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 647-480-1709. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Fay Hage know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice, we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email