Reference # AC –15086
Our client, a leading national law firm focused on serving the transaction, advocacy, and advisory needs of Canada’s most dynamic business sectors. They have one of the largest business law practices in the country, serving multinational, national and mid-market clients from their offices in Toronto, Vancouver, and Calgary.
Their Toronto office is currently seeking an HR Coordinator in Human Resources Department, reporting to the Assistant Director of Human Resources. This role requires a candidate who has the skills and experience to provide administrative support in the areas of attendance tracking, absence management, vacation reconciliation, recruitment, and other common HR processes.
- Managing and supporting the firm’s attendance tracking & absence management system, which will include reporting, coordinating coverage, and information-sharing with other departments.
- Managing, coordinating, and processing vacation requests.
- Supporting the annual vacation reconciliation process and maintaining vacation records throughout the year.
- Assisting with the administration of Group Benefits enrolments and programs.
- Supporting preparation and maintenance of benefits-related information for client’s firm members.
- Drafting short term disability and accommodation paperwork.
- Assisting with the maintenance of benefits and other HR-related information on client’s firm intranet.
- Supporting recruitment efforts.
- Coordinating and processing various background checks.
- Assisting with coordination of the annual performance evaluation process.
- Assisting with coordination of various firm initiatives, events, and charitable activities.
- Coordinating the firm’s Service Anniversary Awards program.
- Coordinating the firm’s Mentoring Program for new legal assistants.
- Assisting with research for various firm initiatives.
- Managing vendor discount relationships.
- Providing backup support for the HR Specialist, including on boarding, new hire paperwork, contracts and more.
- Performing various other recruitment and administrative duties, as assigned
- Certification in a Human Resources program at a post-secondary institution is required.
- 2-3 years of direct experience working in an HR role, with experience in supporting recruitment activities.
- Previous experience in a law firm or other professional services environment is considered an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft with Microsoft Office 2007 suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong relationship management skills, including confidence and professionalism in dealing with firm members at all levels of the organization.
- Exceptionally strong attention to detail.
- Superior judgment and discretion, partnered with the ability to always maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team yet comfortable working independently with minimal to moderate supervision on a daily basis.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information, please contact Adam Creaghan, Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 647-336-1416 or Fay Hage, Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com or 647-480-1709. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Fay Hage know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice, we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email