Reference # HL-15051
The Bertossi Group consists of four authentic, Italian inspired restaurants in Halifax, Nova Scotia committed to serving only the finest, freshest ingredients. The Bicycle Thief, Ristorante a Mano, La Frasca Cibi & Vini, and il Mercato Trattoria have become fixtures of the Nova Scotia culinary scene. Known for excellence and exceptional customer service, they have become destinations for both locals and visitors from around the world. Providing excellence in hospitality is something the Bertossi Group is absolutely passionate about, and they wish nothing more than for all their guests to feel as though they are visitors to their home – as if they are family enjoying a unique, one-of-a-kind culinary experience
We are excited to be partnering with them to recruit a Controller to join their amazing team. If you enjoy digging into the details and ensuring the financial operations run efficiently and strategically, this is a great opportunity for you.
Reporting to the Owner, the Controller will be responsible for the full financial accounting cycle and will oversee a small team. We are looking for someone who can add value to an organization with their exceptional financial and accounting capabilities.
The Controller will have oversight and responsibility for:
- Preparation of timely and accurate financial statements (monthly, quarterly, year end)
- Monitoring daily cash flow including daily cash balancing for all points of sale
- Supervision of office staff
- Overseeing payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, purchasing, inventory control, cost accounting, staff bonuses, HST remittances
- Supporting the annual budget, monthly revenue projection process, and year-end process
- Providing appropriate sales, risk analysis, and other reports to the owner
- Bank and intercompany account reconciliations
- Administrating the company group benefits plan
- Ongoing review of contracts with suppliers
- Fielding daily requests from senior managers as required
- Preparing carious financial review and analysis when required
The ideal candidate in this role will have:
- Relevant post-secondary education and recognized professional accounting designation (CPA) are a must.
- Strong systems skills, specifically MS Excel
- Self starter that is strongly motivated and dedicated
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work with a small busy team
- Experience with Sage would be an asset
If you are looking to work in a close-knit environment, then connect with us to learn more about this fantastic opportunity!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Jason Ozon, Consultant, at email@example.com. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Jason Ozon know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email