Supervisor - Financial Services
Supervisor - Financial Services
Reference # AC - 15050
Durham Regional Police Services is currently looking for a Supervisor Financial Services to join the Financial Services department in the Whitby office.
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Services, the Supervisor of Financial Services is responsible for providing supervision to Finance employees by supervising and developing a team of finance staff performing a variety of key finance functions. The Supervisor ensures that all finance functions are supervised in accordance with established policies, standards, directives, and related legislative requirements. Additionally, the Supervisor assists in the development and implementation of Unit operational goals, special projects, and financial policies and procedures.
- Supervises and directs the activities of the finance team for a variety of finance functions including Financial Reporting & Analysis, Financial Planning, Procurement, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Financial Systems
- Supervises finance employees (i.e., scheduling of tasks, training and development, performance management and recruitment)
- Financial analysis and related year end forecasting
- Supervises period end closings (financial, payroll) monthly and year-end, reviews journal entries and account reconciliations/schedules and assist with the preparation of complex journal entries
- Provide ad-hoc analysis to Unit Leaders and Senior Management to aid in decision making
- Supervises procurement activities, Purchase requisition/order approval, related spend analysis and the revision of related procedures and training tools
- Approval of supplier invoices, review of taxes and rebates and resolution of supplier issues
- Review/Approve all billings issued, including related payment analysis
- Maintain financial systems used within the Unit
- Lead process improvement projects, development of key performance measures and system improvement/upgrade projects
- Other duties, projects, as assigned (individual or group responsibilities)
- Completion of a University Degree, preferably in a related discipline (Commerce, Finance or Accounting) or equivalent experience
- Professional Accounting Designation (i.e., CPA, CA, CGA, CMA)
- Minimum 5 years' experience including financial reporting and analysis, financial accounting (including period end close and journal entry preparation), project management, process improvement and working on Microsoft Excel at an advanced level.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including the ability to coach and develop a team of finance professionals
- Ability to provide advice, guidance and recommendations when dealing with financial reports, forecasting, training, and dealing with issues and errors.
- Ability to provide training and advice by explaining technical information in understandable terms
- Sound business judgment and demonstrated decision making abilities
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret and reconcile financial data
- Well-developed time management skills, including the ability to prioritize and delegate
- Proven ability to interact diplomatically, tactfully, and confidentially with all levels of the service and the public
- Problem solving skills to recognize opportunities and develop recommendations to improve processes
- Demonstrated experience working with a large ERP system (i.e., PeopleSoft, SAP)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel at an advanced level
- Proficiency with Microsoft Visio, Word and PowerPoint at an intermediate level
As part of the selection for this position, qualifications and skills listed in the posting will be assessed to measure the suitability of all applicants. Assessments may include, but not be limited to: resume review, skills assessment (s), interview(s), medical assessment, psychological assessment, functional abilities testing and/or background investigation
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information, please contact Adam Creaghan, Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 647-336-1416 or Fay Hage, Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com or 647-480-1709. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Fay Hage know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice, we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email