Job Title: General Manager
Location: Oceanside, Nova Scotia (Cape Breton)
East Coast Metal Fabrication is a leading custom metal structural fabrication facility specializing in modular fabrication for full structural and mechanical installation. With highly skilled shop and field crews, they operate over 35,000 square feet of facility while they work to provide full turnkey services to clients in commercial and industrial sectors. Meridia is assisting East Coast Metal Fabrication in recruiting a General Manager to join their team in Oceanside, Nova Scotia (Cape Breton).
Reporting into the Chief Operating Officer, the General Manager will oversee operations including estimating, project management, fabrication and installation. You will manage technical and financial aspects of East Coast Metal Fabrication’s projects, work to drive efficiencies in production and support field management to ensure the successful delivery of projects. The General Manager will act as the senior point of contact for clients, manage capital and operational budgets, ensure project schedules are being met, and provide guidance to staff to overcome any challenges that arise.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Organizing and participating in client meetings
- Overseeing the operational and capital budgets
- Preparing regular job and financial reports for the COO
- Managing monthly and yearly budgets and operating costs and the coordination with operations managers
- Supervising staff in the Technical, Production and Field divisions
- Working in close daily coordination with Field Superintendent and Shop Production manager while providing technical direction and high-level job scheduling
- Managing project schedules to achieve operational and cost efficiencies
- Performing and reviewing estimates and material takeoffs
- Coordinating and scheduling work with clients, ECMF crew and subcontractors
- Participating in all aspects of project management, planning and scheduling
- Building relationships with new clients while maintaining relationships with existing clients while working to grow the business
As the General Manager, you will bring your financial and engineering expertise to the team at East Coast Metal Fabrication. Your leadership experience enables you to develop strong relationships with clients and staff alike and you are able to leverage your related industry experience to help you develop creative solutions to problems as they arise. You have excellent negotiation skills and are known for your ability to succeed in dynamic and fast paced environments.
Your qualifications include:
- A Bachelor of Engineering in Civil, Mechanical or a related field with an active professional engineering designation
- Experienced in structural or marine fabrication, construction, manufacturing, or related environment
- Experience with automated and robotic cutting, profiling and material handling equipment would be an asset
- 10+ years of experience in a related technical/operations management role
- Strong financial background
- Proven track record of an ability to build relationships that facilitate organizational growth
- Demonstrated leadership skills
This is a great opportunity to work in a wonderful community in Nova Scotia and be a part of an organization's growth trajectory. With a diverse portfolio, East Coast Metal Fabrication stays nimble in the market, which has allowed them to grow at a steady pace. This organization is located close to Sydney in Cape Breton, which has a number of infrastructure projects in the works, and gives you the opportunity to be a part of a close knit community while still gaining excellent personal and professional experience along the way.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Katherine Risley, Partner, at 902-424-1120 and email@example.com or Jessica Severeyns, Recruitment Specialist at 902-421-1310 and firstname.lastname@example.org, or please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Katherine or Jessica know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email