Senior Communications Officer, Campaign
Senior Communications Officer, Campaign
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Saint Mary’s University is one of Canada’s top primary undergraduate universities--known for its international collaborations, leadership in entrepreneurship, and research that benefits local and global communities. Their programs in Arts, Science, Graduate Studies and the Sobey School of Business are among Canada’s best and feature professors who are committed to the success of their students. Saint Mary’s provides their 7,000 students with a place that fosters possibility, excellent research opportunities, and distinguished graduate and professional programs combined with a caring community. Nestled in the heart of Halifax, Nova Scotia, on Canada’s east coast, Saint Mary’s University is marked by iconic buildings, green spaces and fresh ocean air. The Saint Mary’s University community is committed to a prosperous future for the world—a world without limits.
We are excited to partner with Saint Mary's University in the search for a Senior Communications Officer, Campaign.
Under the supervision of the Director of Philanthropy the Senior Communications Officer, Campaign is responsible for the planning, development, and execution of communication materials to support the strategy, program and activities of the comprehensive fundraising campaign in the Office of Advancement of Saint Mary’s University. The position works within the Development team, which includes principal and major gifts, donor relations, stewardship, and planned giving. The Senior Communications Officer, Campaign serves as a communication strategist and principal writer for a wide variety of print and electronic projects for a wide range of major gift and principal gift donor and prospective donor communication materials. Materials written by the Officer support and promote Saint Mary’s culture of philanthropy and fundraising initiatives.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations, Communications, or a related field required combined with a minimum of seven (7) years of experience writing professional fundraising communications or other relevant work experience required.
• A Master’s degree and experience in a higher education or other non-profit settings will be considered an asset.
• Your experience will include developing content and communications for donors; and demonstrated understanding of higher education advancement campaigns and fundraising communications strategies.
• Excellent research skills and the ability to write persuasively and articulately are essential.
• You possess excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with an aptitude for collaborating with others; meticulous attention to detail including proofreading and excellent grammar; and working knowledge of editorial style standards (AP Style and University Style) and copywriting techniques.
• Your ability to balance multiple deadlines in a fast-paced work environment and demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint will ensure your success in this position.
If you are a senior communications professional ready to make a difference and be a part of the next chapter in Saint Mary's University’s exciting history, connect with us today!
At Saint Mary’s University equity and diversity are integral to excellence and enrich our community. As an institution committed to fostering an environment of inclusion and respect, we welcome applications from women, Indigenous peoples, racialized persons/visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientation or gender identity and others who might contribute to the growth and enrichment of our community.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. If you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saint Mary's University promotes a Healthy Campus including a Scent-Free environment and a Smoke-Free Campus.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Scott McGaw, Partner, at email@example.com or Brittany Beale, Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email