Director, Integrated Communications
Director, Integrated Communications
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Saint Mary’s University is one of Canada’s top primary undergraduate universities--known for its international collaborations, leadership in entrepreneurship, and research that benefits local and global communities. Their programs in Arts, Science, Graduate Studies and the Sobey School of Business are among Canada’s best and feature professors who are committed to the success of their students. Saint Mary’s provides their 7,000 students with a place that fosters possibility, excellent research opportunities, and distinguished graduate and professional programs combined with a caring community. Nestled in the heart of Halifax, Nova Scotia, on Canada’s east coast, Saint Mary’s University is marked by iconic buildings, green spaces and fresh ocean air. The Saint Mary’s University community is committed to a prosperous future for the world—a world without limits.
We are excited to partner with Saint Mary's University in the search for a Director, Integrated Communications.
Under the direction of the Associate Vice-President, External Affairs, this role works closely with multiple internal and external stakeholders and leads the integrated communications team responsible for developing the university’s integrated communication strategy, planning and delivery of communications, engagement and channel management. The Director is responsible for developing breakthrough strategic communications and building relationships with senior stakeholders to help them maximize the impact and alignment of key messaging and communication activities and publications across all Saint Mary’s University audiences externally and internally. The Director contributes to Saint Mary’s University’s overall communications and branding strategy by ideating and creating consistent, high-quality materials that reinforce the university’s brand and reputation. The Director is responsible for overseeing, developing, and delivering consistent, measurable, strategic, and creative communication products for all audience groups. These approaches will be built on past successes and introduce new creative ways that will begin to position Saint Mary’s University as a sector leader in strategic communication.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Undergraduate degree in English, Political Science, Public Relations, Marketing or Communications-related field.
• Minimum seven (7) to ten (10) years of knowledge, understanding, and experience in internal communication and engagement, especially its application to large-scale organizational change and continuous improvement in a complex, fast-moving and diverse environment is essential.
• Supervisory experience.
• Skilled writer and editor, experiences in leading institutional or corporate communication.
• Proven experience of working in an organization with a high-profile reputation, often in the media spotlight.
• Experience in working with senior executives and leaders and demonstrating advanced influencing and negotiation skills.
• Demonstrable record of accomplishment of leading, line managing, and developing professional staff teams and balancing conflicting and pressing demand.
• Experience developing objectives into material for targeted communications and engagement activities across a range of different channels and media, including face-to-face engagement.
• Experience of working with people with no direct or negative experience of ‘professional’ communications and ensuring their expectations/input/requirements from communication are effectively aligned and managed.
• Significant experience in writing, proofing and editing material (including speeches) and presenting proposals and plans to senior/board level executives.
• Collaborative, positive and professional approach to working with teams and colleagues in a diverse and inclusive environment.
• Demonstrates intercultural awareness and a commitment to principles of equity and inclusion.
If you are a senior communications professional ready to make a difference and be a part of the next chapter in Saint Mary's University’s exciting history, connect with us today!
At Saint Mary’s University equity and diversity are integral to excellence and enrich our community. As an institution committed to fostering an environment of inclusion and respect, we welcome applications from women, Indigenous peoples, racialized persons/visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientation or gender identity and others who might contribute to the growth and enrichment of our community.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. If you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
Saint Mary's University promotes a Healthy Campus including a Scent-Free environment and a Smoke-Free Campus.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Scott McGaw, Partner, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Brittany Beale, Consultant, at email@example.com.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email