Reference # HL-14937
At BioScript Solutions, our mission is to Simplify Access to Specialty Care. Since 2001, BioScript has supported patients with chronic illnesses and rare diseases by providing access to complex drug therapies and delivering full-service specialty care solutions at every stage of their treatment journey. From our home base in Atlantic Canada, we’ve grown into a national network of clinics, pharmacies, and patient support programs operating from over 100 locations across the country. We are proud of our diverse and engaged team of over 900 team members who support each other, make an impact in the communities we serve and put the patient first in everything that we do.
We are beyond thrilled to partner with BioScript as we look for a highly skilled Controller to join their team at their head office in beautiful, Moncton, NB. Reporting to the CFO, the successful candidate will play an instrumental role within their leadership team and be key to enabling the organization’s continued success. You will collaborate with other senior leaders as a strategic business partner and will be primarily responsible for reviewing financial statements, participating in budgeting / forecasting, coordinating the annual external audit and leading a growing accounting team.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that accounting processes adhere to and are in compliance with company policies and procedures;
- Partner with internal departments to provide guidance and support on Finance related activities which may include accounting, corporate reporting, payroll and associated activities;
- Review and distribute monthly reporting to internal / external parties – identify significant or unusual variances and investigate / address as necessary;
- Prepare monthly consolidated financial statements;
- Assist with the preparation, maintenance and updating of budgets and forecasts – provide explanations for material variances;
- Support and oversight of the accounting team and processes, including A/R, A/P and cash flows;
- Coordinate external annual reviews and audits;
- Assist in the financial analysis of key business opportunities;
- Handle ad hoc reporting requests and participate in projects as required; and
- Consistently look for process improvements and efficiencies by cultivating innovation using new and existing technologies.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A combination of relevant higher education and CPA designation;
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience, including at least 3 years leading other professionals;
- Experience with financial statement review, analysis and forecasting;
- Superior analytical and problem-solving capabilities;
- Works effectively in teams;
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple deadlines and competing priorities;
- Impeccable attention to detail;
- Advanced Excel skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Prior experience with ERP’s, financial analytics or similar would be an asset.
This is an opportunity to be a key player on an innovative team that is singularly focused on Simplifying Access to Specialty Care in Canada. Our customers are our partners and our patients are our focus. If you are an experienced and energetic leader, with a passion to grow a business and positively impact health care in Canada, this may be the role for you!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Jason Ozon, Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Jason Ozon know.
One tree planted for every new hire. Why not start your new job on a green foot and help us lower your carbon footprint. This year, BioScript is proud to be a winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, the country’s leading business awards program recognizing excellence in Canadian-owned and managed companies.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email