Intermediate Tax Law Clerk
Intermediate Tax Law Clerk
Reference # - AC14935
Our client, a full-service law firm located in downtown Toronto with approximately 220 support staff and lawyers. Are committed to delivering responsive, quality service, advice, and technical expertise. The firm successfully balances high standards of professionalism with a congenial, and flexible work environment for its members.
The firm has an immediate opening for an Intermediate Tax Clerk in their Tax Group.
They are looking to hire an Intermediate Tax Clerk to join their busy Tax Group. The position will require a self-starter with the ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to changing priorities. The successful candidate must have strong client relationship skill, be well organized and detail oriented. In addition, the successful candidate must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Assist senior law clerks with corporate reorganizations including drafting simple index, resolutions, other supporting documents and prepare record books.
- Assist with general corporate matters, including incorporation, dissolution and revival, organization of corporations (including professional corporations and application for certificates of authorization), corporate changes, annual compliance, all types of dividends and share transactions.
- Attend to registrations under the Business Names Act, Limited Partnerships Act, Extra Provincial Corporations Act and Personal Property Security Act.
- Conduct minute book reviews regarding deficiencies and proposed rectification.
- Review trust agreements, setting up trust minute books, prepare trust documentation including trust profile reports, annual resolutions, amendment to trust agreement provisions, change of trustees, encroachment of capital, allocation of income, distribution of trust assets and winding up of trusts.
- Update trusts spreadsheet and monitoring time of division.
- 8-10 years' relevant experience.
- Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario Certified.
- Strong knowledge of Federal and Provincial corporate procedures and statutes.
- Strong technical skills using Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, and Calendar).
- Experience using: Corplink, Fast Company, and Aderant.
- Ability to build and maintain client relationships.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, following instructions with minimal supervision.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work within time sensitive deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
Conscientious with strong attention to detail.
Our client offers a congenial work environment, competitive compensation commensurate with experience, and a full benefits program. Their benefits include health and dental coverage, competitive vacation packages, referral programs, and employee assistance programs. When starting at the Firm, new team members are provided a comprehensive training and orientation program. The Firm strives to nurture the professional development of their support staff through offering training workshops regularly throughout the year and Lunch & Learn events on a variety of topics on a quarterly basis.
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information, please contact Adam Creaghan, Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 647-336-1416 or Fay Hage, Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com or 647-480-1709. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Fay Hage know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice, we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email